Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Easy Checkout Mod for X-Cart 3.5.x and 4.0.x

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4

Old 02-27-2005, 09:05 AM

X-Guru

The login.php should not affect the code for admin logins, but it's possible that it was not installed quite correctly. Please send me your default login.php and I will place the code in and send it back to you.

It's not absolutely necessary, but it is important. Modifying it ensures that while in checkout, when they login they don't get sent backwards in the checkout process, and get sent forward instead.
Old 02-27-2005, 09:07 AM

Advanced Member

balinor: That fixed it! Thanks. I guess I'll move on to my next question...

Before I got this mod I got another one that will allow users to enter their zip code and it will calculate the shipping for them right then and there in the shopping cart without having to log in.

That mod works fine along this mod. But what it does is right above the totals and where to enter your zip code, it says,

"Please log in to see shipping rates.
AnonymousБ─²

Right under that is the message "Enter your zip code to calculate shipping charges."

So how can I get rid of the please login message since they don't have to login?

Thanks,

Daniel

http://www.thegamegeek.net
Old 02-27-2005, 09:50 AM

X-Guru

Try finding the text/code in one of these files:

skin1/customer/main/cart_totals.tpl
skin1/customer/main/cart_details.tpl
skin1/customer/main/cart.tpl
skin1/customer/main/checkout.tpl
Old 02-27-2005, 10:58 AM

Advanced Member

Ok I removed the following lines in cart totals:

Code:
<FONT class="ErrorMessage">{$lng.lbl_no_shipping_for_location}:</FONT>

And that was right under

Code:
{if $shipping eq "" and $need_shipping and $cart.shipping_cost eq 0}

I also removed

Quote:
{$lng.lbl_anonymous}

And that line lived in this:

Code:
{if $login ne "" or $config.General.apply_default_country eq "Y" or $cart.shipping_cost gt 0} {$userinfo.s_address} {$userinfo.s_city} {$userinfo.s_statename} {$userinfo.s_countryname} {$userinfo.s_zipcode} {else} {$lng.lbl_anonymous} {/if}

So the message is gone, but will everything be ok? Because now those messages are gone, but there are two grey lines where that message used to be. I just want to make sure that I did the correct thing.

Thanks,

Daniel

Old 02-27-2005, 06:15 PM

X-Guru

You may want to keep this line:

<FONT class="ErrorMessage"{$lng.lbl_no_shipping_for_loca tion}:</FONT>

This line should be removed:

{else}
{$lng.lbl_anonymous}

It won't change functionality at all. Just make sure the people have all the information they need.
Old 03-01-2005, 01:55 PM

Advanced Member

Jon,

Thanks for your help. On and off the boards. One more thing.

On YOUR checkout page on the upper right you have a "Continue Shopping" link and under that you have a little icon and the number of items and the total. How do I add those?

You also have on the left site another nav.

WEBSITECM.COM >> YOUR SHOPPING CART
WEBSITECM.COM >> RECOMMENDS
and so on....

How are those added as well?

I actully thought those were part of the mod, but I didn't pay attention to the screenshots I guess.

Thanks,

Daniel

Old 03-01-2005, 01:59 PM

X-Guru

The continue shopping button and items come as an addon to ezCheckout with the ezRecommends module. Since they are adding products during checkout, I felt it was important to keep them updated with a total through the process.

Code similar to this should do the trick (you may need to adjust it). I'll give you the code but you should really buy ezRecommends anyway

Code:
<div align="right"> <p align="right">{if $login ne ""}<form action="/include/login.php" method=post name=loginform><input type=hidden name=mode value=logout><input type=hidden name=redirect value="customer"></form>{$lng.lbl_loggedinas} {$login} [{$lng.lbl_logoff}] | {/if}{$lng.lbl_continue_shopping}</p> <TABLE border=0 cellpadding=1 cellspacing=0> <TR> <TD rowspan=2 width=23> {if $minicart_total_items > 0}[img]{$ImagesDir}/cart_full.gif[/img]{else}[img]{$ImagesDir}/cart_empty.gif[/img]{/if} </TD> {if $minicart_total_items > 0} <TD class=VertMenuItems>{$lng.lbl_items}: </TD> <TD class=VertMenuItems color=#0000ff>{$minicart_total_items}</TD> <TD class=VertMenuItems>{$lng.lbl_total}: </TD> <TD class=VertMenuItems>{include file="currency.tpl" value=$minicart_total_cost}</TD> {else} <TD class=VertMenuItems color=#0000ff>{$lng.lbl_cart_is_empty}</TD> {/if} </TR> </TABLE> </div>

The WEBSITECM.COM >> steps as far as I'm aware is just the include of location.tpl which should be standard in installations.[/code]
Old 03-01-2005, 04:57 PM

X-Adept

Jon,

Which of the files can I edit to make the personal info appear a bit cleaner on the last check out page.

The lines under the stock layout from xcart are not as desirable as I would like.

It almost looks like a portion of register personal info or register contact info or maybe even a label tpl due to the slotted line usage.

Thanks Jon
Old 03-01-2005, 04:59 PM

X-Adept

Sorry, but I also forgot to ask about the background color in the tpl file used for the entire ezcheckout layout.

I tried to change the background color in the tpl, but I guess it is overridden by the css file?

I wanted to give the boarder a color to match the site and central space white as it is.

thanks Jon
Old 03-01-2005, 07:23 PM

X-Adept

ok, not sure if anyone has noticed or not, but for those that have...

The log out button in the ez check out mod (upper right corner) when user logged in it shows user name and the log off text link, well at least in my version it did not work (vs 4.0.11 currently)

I found a couple of interesting things I will share if anyone is interested you can use them.

#1) As the code was, it did not work and I got a not found error.

#2) once issues were located, I found there were two options that could be implemented for the redirect. I will explain.

If you wish to make this tid bit of the code work, I will show before and after shots.

home_checkout.tpl

BEFORE: (around line 87) "text link did not work properly"

Code:
<p align="right"><font color="#000000">{if $login ne ""}<form action="../include/login.php" method=post name=loginform><input type=hidden name=mode value=logout><input type=hidden name=redirect value="customer"></form>{$lng.lbl_loggedinas} {$login} [{$lng.lbl_logoff}] | {/if}{$lng.lbl_continue_shopping}</font></p>

AFTER: "text link now works"

Code:
<p align="right"><font color="#000000">{if $login ne ""}<form action="/YOUR_XCART_SHOP_NAME/include/login.php" method=post name=loginform><input type=hidden name=mode value=logout><input type=hidden name=redirect value="customer"></form>{$lng.lbl_loggedinas} {$login} [{$lng.lbl_logoff}] | {/if}{$lng.lbl_continue_shopping}</font></p>

NOW Text Link will work, but the redirect takes you back to an empty cart after log off.

IF you wish to redirect end user back to the main store page, ie: home.php, then simply implement this code:

Code:
<p align="right"><font color="#000000">{if $login ne ""}<form action="/YOUR_XCART_SHOP_NAME/include/login.php" method="post" name="loginform"><input type="hidden" name="mode" value="logout"><input type="hidden" name="redirect" value="customer"></form>{$lng.lbl_loggedinas} {$login} [{$lng.lbl_logoff}] | {/if}{$lng.lbl_continue_shopping}</font></p>

The only difference in the last two bits of code, were the quotes added, cause home.php was already referenced in the code, mine just took me back to an empty cart until I placed the quotes into the code.

Strange I know, but I hope this helps someone.

AND, if your text link WAS already working, then great.
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4