Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Application Specific Mod: Are you interested?

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4

Old 10-31-2011, 10:42 AM

Default Re: Application Specific Mod: Are you interested?

AMMoyer, Thanks for your insight surely helps to get input/suggestions.

I already purchased BCS filter mod, so we'll see how that works.

We actually don't have the data anywhere but each product has it in descriptions so I guess it is somewhere in database.

I see your application module in work http://www.ingallseng.com/ies2004s-adjusting-sleeve.html
At one point I did start adding that info in "This part fits" extra field and than display it below the product. That takes a lot of time but it is one way to display that info in organized manner when there are so many models one single part fits.
I'm not very MYSQL savy so I would not know how to make products pull the data anyway.

On parts that fit only few models, I do clone and create new parts for now.

Once I get BCS mod and install I will report back.

Thanks.
Old 05-23-2012, 11:09 AM

Advanced Member

Lightbulb Re: Application Specific Mod: Are you interested?

COUNT MY VOTE TOO FOR THIS (if anyone is listening)!

AMMoyer,
Your site looks awesome and works almost exactly as I want our site to work, as far as YMM lookup. You did all the mods yourself? Any way you could share some of your expertise with the rest of us?

How about for $?

I have no problem getting the data into the database. I regularly work with AAIA ACES and other fitment data from many different manufactures to import it into BlackThorne for use on eBay, so, I'm no stranger to the data.

X-Cart 4.4.5
PHP 5.3.14-1
MySQL 5.0.51
Linux + Apache
Mods:
AlteredCart SmartSearch w/ AJAX Predictive Search w/ Extras Add-On v2, BuyTogether, Checkout One, OnSale
********* PowerFilter
WebsiteCM CDSEOPro
Phpmagicscripts Reviews-Controller
CFL Systems Products Page Layout, System Messages mod
Custom work by CFLSystems
Custom work by us
Old 07-12-2012, 09:17 PM

X-Adept

Wow, it has been almost 6 years now since the begining of this thread. Sad but it seems like none of the 3rd party developer has been able to come up with a good solution addressing the year/make/model/engine-size/etc.

AMMoyer: The vehicle lookup box at the top left corner of your site, is that your own codings or the BCS module being referred to?
Old 07-12-2012, 10:08 PM

X-Wizard

http://mods.x-cart.com/Make-Model-Year-feature.html ??

---
Old 07-13-2012, 07:16 AM

The MMY lookup on our site is my coding.

The biggest obstacle most people will find is paying the subscription for the AAIA ACES tables. Without buying or creating your own vehicle data this is impossible. For those that aren't familiar with the ACES tables, they are a set of tables in a relational database that is constantly updated. Tons of info including all engine/transmission combinations, suspension type, brake type, wheelbase, body type, steering system, etc. Most companies do not need all of the available information but it is there. Vehicles covered go back 70+ years.

Here's how I handled the data I added to the MySQL database in our site. There are 4 tables, MMY, Make, Model, and Applications. The Make and Model table have only a list of Makes and Models to populate the dropdown boxes. The year dropdown is hardcoded with a list of years while the MMY table has all the combinations of vehicles that we have parts for. The MMY table is used to limit the Make choices and the Model choices based on what has been selected. I hate it when you drill down with your selections and get a no parts found. You could query this info out of one application table, but I did it this way to speed things up. I really wish I could get this to run with AJAX so the page wouldn't reload after each selection.

There are several examples of cascading combo boxes on the web to get started on the coding. The html for the boxes goes in a template and I put all my queries for the combo boxes in a separate PHP file. Here's an old thread from my 4.1.11 version that may help get you started.

Once the Year, Make and Model are selected and the from button is clicked a query is run on my applications table with a join to the search query in Xcart. See this post for this issue. Make sure your part numbers in your applications table match the productcode in XC. Have the parts the query finds dump into the products.tpl and you're set.

I've not considered developing a separate module for several reasons. Most XC users do not have access to the ACES tables and I don't have the expertise to make it a "canned" application and the market would be very small.

BTW, the integration I have done with 4.4.5 is much better than I pulled off with 4.1.11 Previously, I couldn't figure out how to integrate the MMY search with the XC search query and was missing a bunch of data in the products table, but it worked, mostly. It also was missing the navigation pages when more than 10 products were found. With 4.4.5 I had to get the integration to work otherwise the java for the buy it now buttons were unavailable.

Let me know and I'll try to help how I can.
X-Payments 1.0.4
CDSEO Pro
EWD Hosting
Old 07-13-2012, 07:26 AM

X-Adept

Thank you for the reply. Do you happen to know if this X-cart add-on mod allow additional filter parameters beside year, make and model? Can we add more filters like: Engine-Size, Cab-Size (regular, extended, crew cab) and bed-size? Thanks again!
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4