Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

CDSEO Pro - Complete SEO Solution - Custom Urls, Page Titles, Meta Data, Link Anchors

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4

Old 01-04-2010, 07:44 AM

Advanced Member

Default Re: CDSEO Pro - Complete SEO Solution - Custom Urls, Page Titles, Meta Data, Link Anchors

Any help or advise would be appreciated!

This evening I replicated a portion of the Category Structure within my store to be under the Clearance categories (Copy via MagneticOne Store Manager)

I then moved products under these copied categories, however now in the standard user interface I cannot see the products - I can see the categories though. Also when you go to Clearance/20% Off/Rubber Stamps it directs you to where I copied the orginal category structure from, and doesn't go to the copied categories under Clearance

When I look at everything in Admin, I can see the products under the categories. The categories and products are all active, I cleared the cache and forced new cache generation. Everything looks OK from within Admin.

Maybe this is a problem with CDSEO?

Thoughts? Comments?

Site: www.QuirksOfArt.com

Thank you,
Wayne
Old 01-05-2010, 12:37 PM

X-Guru

Default Re: CDSEO Pro - Complete SEO Solution - Custom Urls, Page Titles, Meta Data, Link Anchors

Quote:
Originally Posted by hwayneb
Any help or advise would be appreciated!

This evening I replicated a portion of the Category Structure within my store to be under the Clearance categories (Copy via MagneticOne Store Manager)

I then moved products under these copied categories, however now in the standard user interface I cannot see the products - I can see the categories though. Also when you go to Clearance/20% Off/Rubber Stamps it directs you to where I copied the orginal category structure from, and doesn't go to the copied categories under Clearance

When I look at everything in Admin, I can see the products under the categories. The categories and products are all active, I cleared the cache and forced new cache generation. Everything looks OK from within Admin.

Maybe this is a problem with CDSEO?

Thoughts? Comments?

Site: www.QuirksOfArt.com

Thank you,
Wayne

CDSEO wouldn't prevent products from displaying, sorry I'm not sure off hand where the problem would lye.
Old 01-05-2010, 12:38 PM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by raveworx
Jon, here is a feature request to consider that would further differentiate CDSEO from Clean URLs. I'm curious if you or others have any thoughts.

Back on 4.0.x, I wrote my own little tweak to DSEFU to do images SEO. It would take stock X-Cart Image URLs, say "www.domain.com/00013.jpg" and map those to "www.domain.com/Product-Name-00013.jpg"

I was ranking pretty high on images.google.com and got some decent traffic from it. Once I installed a thumbnail mod on 4.1.x, I wasn't able to use this feature, and I lost all that traffic

It would be great if CDSEO could enable some kind of image SEO with configurable rules. Some folks might already have their images named with SEO in mind; but for me they're not and I know this would make a difference for Google Image Search traffic.

This is something we are considering.
Old 01-15-2010, 06:03 AM

Hi Jon,

I sent you a message, do you receive it?

Biotang
Old 01-18-2010, 11:24 AM

X-Guru

^ Yes, you should have received a response a few days ago.
Old 01-18-2010, 11:26 AM

X-Guru

By popular request we've created a content management system for x-cart which allows posting of blogs, articles, information, news and more. The xCMS integrates with cdseo to take advantage of cdseo's seo features including custom page titles, meta keywords, meta descriptions, link anchors, xml sitemap generator, etc.

View Details: xCMS for X-Cart
Old 02-02-2010, 06:15 AM

eXpert

I've just noticed that links to disabled products result in the following error:

Access denied !

You are not allowed to access that resource!

Error ID: 33

Within the CDSEO settings I have enabled the "Redirect disabled items to homepage when no custom disabled redirect specified:"

Any nominations for where I start looking for the source of the problem? - The only error handling in my .htaccess file is for error 401.
Dedicated SSL
Stone Edge OM
Old 02-02-2010, 07:09 AM

X-Guru

That error is the default x-cart message when a product is disabled. It's not triggered by an error message but rather by php code which redirects to this page. The CDSEO setting should be overriding this to perform the 301 redirect to home or you can specify a custom disabled url for the product in the cdseo admin.
Old 02-02-2010, 08:32 AM

eXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon
That error is the default x-cart message when a product is disabled. It's not triggered by an error message but rather by php code which redirects to this page. The CDSEO setting should be overriding this to perform the 301 redirect to home or you can specify a custom disabled url for the product in the cdseo admin.

Actually Jon it does work as you say. It transpires that the products that I'm having problems with are no longer listed in the Products Management list (I'm investigating whether they were intentionally deleted or not) but are still listed in the CDSEO product admin area, so they are being added to the sitemap.

I used CDSEO Data Import/Export to export the product data where I removed the missing products by hand and then imported back in to CDSEO. I searched for the products that I had removed the data for and expected not to find them ...but they were still there!

To summarise CDSEO still lists products that are no longer in the X-Cart database and I can't remove them using CDSEO Data Import/Export. Am I missing something here?
Dedicated SSL
Stone Edge OM
Old 02-15-2010, 09:37 AM

X-Guru

We just added the mod to the market place so would appreciate any customer reviews and/or feedback: http://marketplace.x-cart.com/addons-modules/SEO-tools/Custom-Dynamic-Search-Engine-Optimization-CDSEO-Pro-for-X-Cart
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4