Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

CDSEO Pro - Complete SEO Solution - Custom Urls, Page Titles, Meta Data, Link Anchors

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4

Old 11-13-2009, 09:41 AM

X-Guru

Default Re: CDSEO Pro - Complete SEO Solution - Custom Urls, Page Titles, Meta Data, Link Anchors

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelbuilder
I'm having the same problem, any advice?

Thanks,
Wheelbuilder
www.wheelbuilder.com

You had a compatibility issue with one of your customizations but here is the typical reasons for such an error: https://www.websitecm.com/support/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticl eid=89
Old 11-13-2009, 09:41 AM

X-Guru

Default Re: CDSEO Pro - Complete SEO Solution - Custom Urls, Page Titles, Meta Data, Link Anchors

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrerotic
sitemap generator in CDSEO PRO I have a large store over 100,000 products. When the sitemap is generated and submitted to google, I get a sitemap is too large error. How can we fix this so it creates multiple sitemaps to lower the size of this large one? Google allows multiple sitemaps. Any ideas?

We are working on this for a future version but multiple sitemaps is not yet supported.
Old 11-13-2009, 09:53 AM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertchui
i have cdseo pro v.1.3.6, but when i importing the new products, it did not auto populate, it used to auto population, now it go to blank page when i click product, it go blank page too when i click auto population in mod page, i have 8gb memory, it should not be the memory problem, but when i click categories, manufacturers and static pages, they can be view, please help, i already increased the php.ini to 96m, my server is dual processors and has 8gb memory, please help, thanks

albert

Hi Albert - I will update you in the support desk.
Old 11-13-2009, 09:53 AM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxerbay
I have upgraded our server to PHP 5 an d now CDSEO is broken? Any ideas?

If you are on CDSEO Basic then likely the issue is that "AcceptPathInfo" and/or "ForceType" is not supported. You can use this page to help generate a mod rewrite fix: http://www.x-cart-seo.com/cdseo-pro-for-x-cart/basic-rewrite.php

If that is not the issue try the rewrite fix from: https://www.websitecm.com/support/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticl eid=89
Old 11-13-2009, 10:02 AM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritSteve
My issue has been going on from June this year. CDSEO Links, the version before Pro, breaks the customer reviews. Jon states that he has not received my 5 replies to the helpdesk since June. I gave up trying to get him to fix CDSEO Links, so I decided to avoid the hassle and make it easier for him by dumping the bugged CDSEO Links and upgrading instead to CDSEO Pro.

I appreciate your frustration and sorry we were not able to address this for you. The fix for CDSEO Basic is:

Open skin1/modules/Customer_Reviews/reviews.tpl and find:

Code:
<FORM method="POST" action="product.php?mode=review&productid={$product.productid}">

CHANGE TO:

Code:
<form method="POST" action="product.php?mode=review&productid={$product.productid}"> <input type="hidden" name="productid" value="{$product.productid}">
Old 11-13-2009, 12:33 PM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by shwekhaw
Hi Jon,
CDSEO module is working great. I am wondering if you can help me with url rewrite for help pages which are not done automatically by CDSEO.
help.php?section=xxxxx (xxxx can be anything like faq, term and conditions, etc). I use smarty to take care of title and meta tags. If we can make the url keyword rich, it owuld be great.

CDSEO doesn't do arbitrary pages or help pages but you can do so following this knowledge base entry: https://www.websitecm.com/support/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticl eid=91
Old 11-24-2009, 10:18 AM

I really suggest you should include RSS feeds for CDSEO.

This would really help boost your product, particularly in the wake of better SEO features with newer versions of x-cart.

Would you be able to inform me of why I should purchase CDSEO Pro over using the standard SEO features in X-Cart. (DO you have an article that you could direct me to!?)

Thanks
Old 11-24-2009, 10:43 AM

X-Guru

What type of RSS feeds did you have in mind?

We have a comparison chart at http://www.x-cart-seo.com/cdseo-pro-for-x-cart/cdseo-comparison-chart.php
Old 11-24-2009, 11:03 AM

RSS feeds of new products added, featured items, bestsellers or maybe even custom products, and news.
Old 11-24-2009, 04:30 PM

X-Adept

Jon,
I am in the process setting up 4.3 in a sub - directory of beta.mysite.com.
I have a licensed version of CDSEO Pro for mysite.com. Can I install CDSEO Pro in my beta setup until I switch it over to mysite.com? The reason I want to do this is so that as I install each product I can match the url from the active site. In this way when I switch everything will have correct urls when I take 4.3 live won't have to deal with hundreds of redirects.

Am I thining correctly with this since I am not planning on upgrading my 4.1.12 but rather building from scratch? There are many things that I am doing differently and it is easier to fix each item as I install them rather than trying to go through each item and make the changes.

Mike
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4