Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Upcoming X-Cart v 4.4.6 (now renamed to 4.5.0) & PCI-DSS requirements

Closed Thread
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 04-30-2012, 03:01 PM

Advanced Member

Default Re: Upcoming X-Cart v 4.4.6 & PCI-DSS requirements

I just discovered something interesting about PayPal Advanced... I want to see what their solution is like, so I signed up for PayPal Advanced account. After I completed the application process, I received 2 emails. One was an email telling me I signed up for PayFlow Link. After going further, I discovered that PayPal advanced is a repackaged version of PayFlow link.

I have a client who has used PayFlow Link for years, and has become very frustrated with their technical support over time. One discovery was that they were being charged Non PCI Compliance fees for the past 3 years at $25/month because they were scoped incorrectly. We helped them discover this problem and had them rescoped. PayPal was not cooperative with them at all, and in fact will not offer them a refund for those fees. The next step is that we wanted to customize their payment page for them. They cannot seem to get any assistance with their custom payment page accepting a logo or custom background, and in fact spent about 45 minutes on the phone Friday getting nowhere. I don't know if that is because PayPal is phasing out PayFlow Link, or if it just a lack of good customer support...I don't know... Personally though, I don't want those kind of headaches. I am sure that not everyone will experience the same frustration, but having seen these frustrations first hand, I am not sold on PayPal Advanced. I have personally been using Paypal for 8 years and have a few clients that pay me via PayPal.

Now, we are going to begin selling X-Cart mods in the near future, and I want the best solution for my company and for my customers. I am a big fan of personalized service, and I like the personalized service I am getting with XCharge vs. what I have experienced with PayPal.

I will probably cancel my application with PayPal now that I know it is PayFlow Link. I have already given the rates to XCharge, and they tell me they can beat them, and worked with me to negotiate special rates for me, in a more personalized fashion. This is just one example of why I like XCharge.. They may not be PayPal, but they are personalized, and have over 30,000 merchants that use them. They also include some other nice features in their services which include Card On File, Pay by Check, and Credit Card Swiping terminals for off-line payments.

As with everything, I suggest doing research and coming to your own conclusion. If anyone wants to know more about XCharge, I have included a page on my website about it. It won't hurt to give them a chance to see if they are a good fit for your company or not. http://www.dxweb.net/xcharge.html - Plus our module is Free. We will even install it for you.

The following user thanks joelrhome for this useful post:
elmirage001 (04-30-2012)
Old 05-07-2012, 08:19 PM

X-Adept

Default Re: Upcoming X-Cart v 4.4.6 & PCI-DSS requirements

Hi QT,

Any chance you could please answer the below as it appears (unless I'm mistaken) a valid method was removed from X-cart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBM_
Hi All,

I'm just reading through this with interest (and have quite a bit of catching up to do) and wondered if someone could explain the following to me.

I notice that the ANZ payment gateway is being removed from the 4.4.6 (or 4.5) version of X-cart, however this method always collected credit card info offsite on an ANZ hosted page (not within the store, just like PayPal does)

So I do not understand why this would be removed as wasn't this a valid method of collecting payments?

Thanks in advance for your clarification.

And the below would be great as well,

Quote:
Originally Posted by cflsystems
Just out of curiosity - how other carts can have updates and be certified? I can't imagine they are released bug free and I can't imagine they release bugs fixes once or twice per year and I can't imagine them paying big bucks every 2-3 months for being certified. So somehow they have managed to be certified, release bug fixes and new versions and stay in business. I guess there has to be a way then

Thank you.
Old 05-07-2012, 09:24 PM

X-Cart team

Default Re: Upcoming X-Cart v 4.4.6 (now renamed to 4.5.0) & PCI-DSS requirements

There are two ANZ payment gateway solution available in X-Cart 4.4.5

- ANZ eGate (Bank Hosted)
- ANZ eGate (Merchant Hosted)

The latter one has been removed from 4.5.0 (ex 4.4.6).

See also:

http://help.x-cart.com/index.php?title=X-Cart:Payment_gateways)
Chief support group engineer

===

Check this out. Totally revamped X-Cart hosting
http://www.x-cart.com/hosting.html

Follow us:
https://twitter.com/x_cart / https://www.facebook.com/xcart / https://www.instagram.com/xcart

The following user thanks seyfin for this useful post:
BBM_ (05-07-2012)
Old 05-07-2012, 09:27 PM

X-Adept

Default Re: Upcoming X-Cart v 4.4.6 (now renamed to 4.5.0) & PCI-DSS requirements

Hi Seyfin,

Thank you for the clarification.
Old 05-16-2012, 01:15 PM

X-Adept

I am a simple UK customer, using xcart 4.2.2.
What option do I choose if I want to keep the customer on my website when they pay ?

I am using paypal standard - but what about Website Payments Pro (or any other PayPal solution) ?

What other option do I have, I am fedup of paying PayPal 3.5% per order, I would love to pay a flat fee instead per month - any options ?
Old 05-16-2012, 08:03 PM

X-Guru

Voodoo, we are all in the same boat here. If you find a merchant processor that charges a flat fee, then we will all switch! Visa, MC, Discover -these guys charge percentage based fees to the payment processors, so I don't see how any provider could charge a flat fee.
Mike White - Now Accepting new clients and projects! Work with the best, get a US based development team for just $125 an hour. Call 1-502-773-6454, email mike at babymonkeystudios.com, or skype b8bym0nkey

XcartGuru
X-cart Tutorials | X-cart 5 Tutorials

Check out the responsive template for X-cart.
Old 05-17-2012, 08:42 AM

X-Adept

voodoo,

Authorize.net is a good alternative, but I would recommend not using them for the bank transfer. My client uses Chase and the charges are reasonable.

You should upgrade to at least 4.4.5 and setup Authorize.net
Old 05-17-2012, 09:15 AM

Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by totaltec
Voodoo, we are all in the same boat here. If you find a merchant processor that charges a flat fee, then we will all switch! Visa, MC, Discover -these guys charge percentage based fees to the payment processors, so I don't see how any provider could charge a flat fee.

Paypal charges a flat fee. We pay $30 a month for Payflow Pro and every transaction is 2.2% (AMEX a little higher) for us.

Running version: 4.5.5
Old 05-17-2012, 09:17 AM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by componentman
Paypal charges a flat fee. We pay $30 a month for Payflow Pro and every transaction is 2.2% (AMEX a little higher) for us.
Maybe I misunderstood Voodoo's question, sorry. It sounded like he wanted a flat fee instead of a percentage. Your talking about a flat fee + a percentage.
Mike White - Now Accepting new clients and projects! Work with the best, get a US based development team for just $125 an hour. Call 1-502-773-6454, email mike at babymonkeystudios.com, or skype b8bym0nkey

XcartGuru
X-cart Tutorials | X-cart 5 Tutorials

Check out the responsive template for X-cart.
Old 05-17-2012, 09:21 AM

Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by totaltec
Maybe I misunderstood Voodoo's question, sorry. It sounded like he wanted a flat fee instead of a percentage. Your talking about a flat fee + a percentage.

I see, I think you actually read it right. No way a company would go flat fee only, haha.

We've been doing a lot of volume for 12 years now, and nothing beats Paypal rates that I've ever seen.

Running version: 4.5.5

The following user thanks componentman for this useful post:
totaltec (05-17-2012)
Closed Thread
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements