Veteran

Default Re: X-Cart v4.4.2 released

next month

The following user thanks cflsystems for this useful post:
parekh81 (03-18-2011)
Old 03-21-2011, 08:16 AM

Veteran

Ok next bug - in admin order page - it refreshes in a loop showing the order info / customer notes
To reproduce open any order in admin. Why this is happening: if you have

Code:
define('FRAME_NOT_ALLOWED', true);

set to true in your config.php then iframes are not allowed. In 4.4.x /skin/common_files/main/history_order.tpl calls customer notes is in an iframe

original code (note the old textarea code being commented out)
Code:
<br /> {$lng.lbl_customer_notes}:<br /> <iframe src="order.php?mode=view_cnote&amp;orderid={$order.orderid}" width="100%" height="170" scrolling="no" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="0" title="{$lng.lbl_customer_notes|escape}" style="overflow: visible; border: 0px none;" name="cnotesframe"></iframe> {* <textarea name="customer_notes" cols="70" rows="8" style="width: 520px;">{$order.customer_notes|escape}</textarea> *}

So when you have the iframe disabled (as it should be for security reasons) order page in admin just keeps refreshing and showing order info - customer notes in a loop.

To fix this bug: set iframes in config.php to false (not recommended) OR modify the code in /skin/common_files/main/history_order.tpl by commenting out the iframe and uncomment the old textarea code OR assign smarty variable to 'FRAME_NOT_ALLOWED' and use it to select which method to use to show customer notes. This may very well affect customer side as well.

A client of mine came with this issue to me and wanted me to find out why it's happening and fix it. Does it seem right for them to pay for QT's bugs? And this one is just because someone wasn't thinking.

The following 4 users thank cflsystems for this useful post:
am2003 (03-21-2011), MayaButterfield (02-28-2012), parekh81 (03-24-2011), Santorelli (03-22-2011)
Old 03-26-2011, 10:50 AM

Veteran

Stack overflow at line 26 - error message in IE when adding detailed images. Report files - https://bugtracker.qtmsoft.com/view.php?id=39360

There was already a ticket for this which was not addressed and is closed with no solution.
Old 04-01-2011, 04:11 AM

X-Adept

Customer just placed an order for ё22.99 but they only got charged ё19 pound odd, so i rang the customer and they said it looked like it took the tax off the product! Anyone heard of this?
Old 04-02-2011, 02:07 PM

Just updated to 4.4.2 from 4.4.1 and I have the following issue which was not present in the previous version.

The images for my subcategories are not displaying. In IE there is the typical red X and in FireFox they are simply not displayed. When I use Firebug to find the broken link I see this

src=""

When logging in to the Admin side, the images appear to be intact. I have even changed the images and still they do not display. To be clear, I can see and apparently successfully upload a category icon on the admin side but they no longer display on the customer side.

****Edit*****
Never mind. This is not a real issue. At the point of typing the above I had not yet manually updated the subcategories_t.tpl file. After updating the file as appropriate the images display just fine.
Old 04-02-2011, 07:18 PM

Veteran

Try clearing XC and browser cache
Old 04-02-2011, 07:25 PM

Veteran

Now having a dev store on 4.4.2 for a while and except for the license notice (which is ok) no other messages appear on dashboard page. Today after login to admin I got XPayments advertisement message on top of the page.

I would like to hear form QT if there is a script to connect to their servers at any time and trasmit any information to/from these servers.
I would also like to know why this is happening in the first place without any warning or me allowing something like this to happen. There was no opt-in/opt-out during install.
Also want to know why there is no way to turn these advertisements on/off from within admin. If I am paying for this software I don't want to see anything like this in there.
Old 04-04-2011, 04:14 AM

X-Cart team

Steve, our ads don't appear if you register a license. I guess you moved your installation to some other folder or server and didn't re-register the license in your HelpDesk account. Please make sure this is not the case.

X-Cart doesn't download ads from our servers.
X-Payments product manager

The following user thanks ambal for this useful post:
cflsystems (04-04-2011)
Old 04-04-2011, 04:15 AM

X-Cart team

And of course X-Cart doesn't transmit any store's data to us.
X-Payments product manager

The following user thanks ambal for this useful post:
cflsystems (04-04-2011)
Old 04-04-2011, 04:28 AM

Veteran

Thank you for the clarification Alex. Yes this is a dev/test installation not registered to any particular domain at this time. I am perfectly fine with any admin side ads/messages for non-registered installations, just wanted to make sure none of this will happen on a live store.
Closed Thread
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements