Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

CDSEO Pro - Complete SEO Solution - Custom Urls, Page Titles, Meta Data, Link Anchors

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4

Old 06-29-2009, 03:18 PM

X-Adept

Default Re: CDSEO Pro - Complete SEO Solution - Custom Urls, Page Titles, Meta Data, Link Anchors

Maybe Jon or one of the other folks out there can help me on this.

Whenever I run the generate sitemap module in CDSEO Pro I have to enter my username and password in the middle of it creating the sitemap. I assume that this is because I have my admin protected. It is no big deal when I do this manually but it causes a problem when trying to set this up as a CRON job. Every time that it attempts this I get an error email with the following....
/bin/sh: /usr/bin/wget: Permission denied

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can get this to work in a CRON?

Thanks,
Mike
Old 06-29-2009, 04:42 PM

X-Guru

Default Re: CDSEO Pro - Complete SEO Solution - Custom Urls, Page Titles, Meta Data, Link Anchors

The cdseo sitemap file should be uploaded and run from the root directory so shouldn't involve logging into your admin section at all. What wget command are you running?
Old 06-29-2009, 04:46 PM

X-Adept

this is direct from the front page of the site map generator.

wget -O --q http://www.kennedyhardware.com/cdseopro_sitemap.php?cdseoauto=691uqtyywpv
Old 06-29-2009, 04:49 PM

X-Adept

Here is a kicker. If you run the command line from a browser window and when the username password box pops up and you hiy cancel it still runs.

Mike
Old 06-29-2009, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon
I opened the csv you provided in excel and it was not delimited. I took the same information, delimited it, and it imported, which lead me to believe the export was corrupted or perhaps you were using a very old version of microsoft excel which was reformatting the information.
It was delimited on my computer. I maintain multiple X-Cart stores and all can accept the CSV files when importing and they use a ";" as delimiter. CDSEO Pro needs a comma instead. It has nothing to do with being an older version or anything. For your info, I use Excel 2003, agreed, not the latest version but more than suitable. The way I import now is that I save the CSV file in Excel, close Excel and use a text editor to replace all ; with , instead. This works ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon
We have a 25% upgrade policy after 3 months of free upgrades which is standard among many of the vendors in the upgrade community. This policy helps us to stay in business while paying for modules to be updated and compatible with continuous x-cart updates.
Ok, I can understand that. The last update only added bing.com support, something I think you shouldn't charge money for. If more things were changed under the hood you should mention it so people know what they pay for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon
While usually we are much more prompt with our replies, for various reasons our support is currently not as prompt as usual though we are doing the best we can.
Yes, I know. I bought the software because I was impressed with your responses. But then when I installed in our live site and ran into serious problems you were nowhere to be found. This was frustrating for me of course but I understand that you're not a robot and have a personaly life as well. But a message would have been nice simply stating you were having problems or were not available or anything instead of being kept in the dark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon
We gave you a download link to the latest version as when support tickets are issued we can't always know which version the person is running, and so providing that becomes pro-active. By default the 1.3.6 version will no longer auto-populate with the -p format indicating that you either customized yours to use -p or you were using an older version of the auto-population. The issue in all your urls that are not working is that the -p matches CDSEO's pagination and changing to _p will correct this. The sql patch provided is a way of doing that quickly instead of with csv.
Ok, thanks for explaining, I understand that CDSEO Pro uses pagination. I would have liked it a lot if CDSEO Pro at least gave me a warning though when creating URLs that will conflict with the pagination because now I only found out by accident.

Anyway, I was frustrated with CDSEO but I am glad you're back Jon. No hard feelings, I am still happy with CDSEO Pro, now that I know which things I need to look out for to avoid problems.

Regards,
Dennis

www.vervangjelamp.nl
X-Cart Gold 4.2.0, PHP 5.2.6, MySQL 5.0.37-standard, Apache/2

Sorry for the weird user name, I registered it by mistake
Old 06-29-2009, 11:45 PM

X-Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon
I opened the csv you provided in excel and it was not delimited. I took the same information, delimited it, and it imported, which lead me to believe the export was corrupted or perhaps you were using a very old version of microsoft excel which was reformatting the information.

I have had nothing but trouble with MS Excel when importing and exporting data until I was told to use the Open Source alternative sCalc, which is part of the Open Office Suite. No data corruption since then... and best of all, it's free!

EWD Hosting | CDSEO Pro | One Page Checkout | Smart Search | Telafirma Dynamic Images | X-AOM | Product Importer Pro and many custom mods and tweaks found here...
Old 06-30-2009, 05:52 AM

X-Adept

I temperarily took off the password protection on admin closed my browser opened a new window and the cron will work fine. Add the protection back to the admin folder and it halts asking for username and password to access the directory.
Old 06-30-2009, 07:38 PM

eXpert

I just added this cdseopro and while I have a lot of work to do, I was wondering how long before I should see results in the search engines so I can determine if I need to change anything for higher rankings.

Also, any free website analasys tools out there? I basically want to compare my rank against other sites of competitors based on specific search phrases.
Old 07-03-2009, 12:16 PM

I have installed CDSEOPRO and looks like I did the installation correctly. I seem to be able to do everything when logged in. However, after I change the status on CDSEO to "Enabled" under the settings, none of my links work. What did I need to change or add to get the links to work. Also, when I ftp in I do not actually see any of those new links. Perhaps it just redirects that I am not clear about and they don't actually exist?
Old 07-23-2009, 01:23 AM

X-Adept

Any special instructions on upgrading CDSEO Pro to the latest version? Just follow the install instructions and no need to worry that previous cdseo pro data is lost?
-----------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Looking for the best dutch language pack? 4.1.x - 4.6.x compatibel, native speaker translation! More info
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4