Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

HELP on installed meta tag mod

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design

Old 11-25-2004, 04:34 AM

Advanced Member

Default No problem for me

No problem, i am willing to pay for some modifications. You don't even know how much i already pay so that's not the problem. But if i can do it myself why not? And there is a forum where i can ask some help. But it seems that this here is a marktplace or something. I thought this forum is for people searching for help? an discuss? But it seems that money rules in here? SERVICE

BUT IS THERE ANYBODY THAT KNOWS MORE ABOUT THIS ISSUE? i still did not solve this problem so i hope that there is somebody that know what the error is?

Thanks
Old 11-25-2004, 04:53 AM

X-Man

I think that people have already been trying to help you.

Read what they have suggested/ advised and apply it and your problems will disappear.

This is not a marketplace - but INSISTING THAT PEOPLE ANSWER YOU BY USING CAPITALS or pm'ing them is quite frankly a little rude.

This is a self help forum - people will give free help IF they have the time AND know the answer already. If they dont have either, you need to pay someone to interupt their schedule and take it on.
Old 11-25-2004, 04:57 AM

X-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkydunk
You could also help people to help you by posting your version number as per the forum rules.

and you still havent taken heed of this advice!!!

I think it should be made stick (if not already) with the subject "No version number in SIG no help!!"
Old 11-25-2004, 05:03 AM

Advanced Member

Default X-cart version

I have x-cart version 3.5.8
Old 11-25-2004, 05:06 AM

X-Man

most likely the problem is at the top of customer/home.tpl or within meta.tpl

if the keywords is in customer/home.tpl - take it out.

If it is the meta.tpl then you need to rewrite the logic of that because it is bringing up duplicates.

but to be honest i think you are wasting your time - very few search engines really look at meta tags any more - far better off spending your time on the content and other issues - see the search engine forum for more info.

[/end]
Old 11-25-2004, 05:09 AM

eXpert

Default Re: No problem for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by belservice
But if i can do it myself why not? And there is a forum where i can ask some help. But it seems that this here is a marktplace or something. I thought this forum is for people searching for help? an discuss? But it seems that money rules in here?

It is obvious that you could not do it yourself. Asking people here for help is fine. We all do it all the time. There are many ways you can do this though. The way you have chosen will most likely NOT take you where you want to go.

Quote:
BUT IS THERE ANYBODY THAT KNOWS MORE ABOUT THIS ISSUE? i still did not solve this problem so i hope that there is somebody that know what the error is?

Did you try with MOST obvious place to look for help - the people who made the mod you are interested in?
Old 11-25-2004, 06:09 AM

X-Guru

I've "sold" 58 of this mod so far and this is the first person to have a problem installing it. It looks to me like you have another mod for meta tags that's conflicting with it. It doesn't even look like your home.tpl is using meta.tpl Post your home.tpl for us to look at.

You can also see if it's my mod doing this or if it's something else by replacing your meta.tpl with your backup meta.tpl If you still get 2 keyword lines then it's something else.

Carrie

We support X-cart versions 3.x through 5.x!

Home of the famous Authorize.net DPM & CIM Modules, Reward Points Module, Point of Sale module, Speed Booster modules and more!

Over 200 X-cart Mods available & Thousands of Customizations Since 2002 - bcsengineering.com

Please E-Mail us for questions/support!
Old 11-25-2004, 06:22 AM

X-Man

the logic in the meta.tpl say that:

- if there is product keywords show them
- if the current category has keywords show them.

This is the two sets of keywords.
Old 11-25-2004, 06:39 AM

X-Guru

Code:
{* $Id: meta.tpl,v 1.13.2.2 2004/05/20 08:25:04 mclap Exp $ *} <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset={$default_charset|default:"iso-8859-1"}"> {* BCSE Begin *} {if $product.fulldescr ne ""} <meta name="description" content="{$product.fulldescr|strip_tags:true|strip|truncate:150}"> {elseif $product.descr ne ""} <meta name="description" content="{$product.descr|strip_tags:true|strip|truncate:150}"> {else} {* BCSE End *} <meta name="description" content="Bij belservice.nl goedkoop alle gsm en vaste telefoon toestellen. Alle merken van Nokia, sonyericsson, siemens, samsung tot sagem en sendo. Tevens vindt u bij belservice.nl alle accesoires voor uw gsm. Bluetooth headsets, frontjes en laders. Uiteraard altijd laag geprijst. Bedrijven kunnen ook terecht bij belservice.nl. Wij hebben vele isdn centrales, isdn en dect telefoon toestellen en alles wat u nodig heeft voor uw bedrijfs communicatie. Zakelijke klanten krijgen altijd extra korting. In ons assortiment vindt u siemens gigaset, tiptel en vele andere merken."> {/if} {* BCSE added *} {* BCSE Begin *} {if $product_meta_keywords ne ""} <meta name="keywords" content="{$product_meta_keywords}"> {else} {* BCSE End *} <meta name="keywords" content="gratis GSM mobieltje, gsm accessoires, gsm aanbiedingen, cashback abonnement, abonnement afsluiten, headsets, bluetooth, carkits, frontjes, datakabels, nokia, samsung, motorola, siemens, sonyericsson, panasonic, kpn, orange, hi, telfort, debitel, vodafone, t-mobile, dect, isdn adsl, telecom advies"> {/if} {* BCSE added *} {if $usertype eq "P" or $usertype eq "A"} <meta name="ROBOTS" content="INDEX"> <meta name="ROBOTS" content="FOLLOW"> {/if} {if $current_category.meta_tags ne "" and $product_meta_keywords eq ""} {* NOTE I added this AND for you *} <meta name="keywords" content="{$current_category.meta_tags}"> {/if} {if $webmaster_mode eq "editor"} {if ($usertype eq "P" or $usertype eq "A") and $current_language ne ""} <script>var store_language = "{$current_language}"</script> {else} <script>var store_language = "{$store_language}"</script> {/if} <script> var catalogs = new Object(); catalogs.admin = "{$catalogs.admin}"; catalogs.provider = "{$catalogs.provider}"; catalogs.customer = "{$catalogs.customer}"; catalogs.partner = "{$catalogs.partner}"; catalogs.images = "{$ImagesDir}"; catalogs.skin = "{$SkinDir}"; </script> {if $user_agent eq "ns"} <script src="{$SkinDir}/editorns.js"></script> {else} <script src="{$SkinDir}/editor.js"></script> {/if} {/if}

Try that. Add the code near the NOTE or copy the whole thing.

Carrie

We support X-cart versions 3.x through 5.x!

Home of the famous Authorize.net DPM & CIM Modules, Reward Points Module, Point of Sale module, Speed Booster modules and more!

Over 200 X-cart Mods available & Thousands of Customizations Since 2002 - bcsengineering.com

Please E-Mail us for questions/support!
Old 11-25-2004, 08:30 AM

eXpert

Boy I wish I had been more rude in my post for help yesterday, he is doing quite well now.

Just kidding!

Sorry to hijack this, but will this mod work with 4.0.x?
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design