Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Endicia/Dazzle Export Function for Printing Labels

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4

Old 07-29-2009, 05:40 AM

Advanced Member

Default Re: Endicia/Dazzle Export Function for Printing Labels

I would be interested in a copy of the connector for xcart >>>> dazzke>>>>endica. We love endicia and want to continue to use them.

Michael
Marketing Manger Pro
eBay Auction Manager
Order History for Admin
Xcart Sitemap (customer map)
Customer Review Bundle
Product Meta Tags Plus
Phone Ordering/POS Module
MAP Pricing Module
Quote Request Module
Back in Stock Module
EZ upsell
Remember Anonymous Carts
One Page Checkout
Altered Cart Smart Search
Social Bookmarking
Tabbed Product Menu
Many custom mods from Qualiteam
Old 07-29-2009, 05:49 AM

I'm going to post my coding as I've finally recouped my cost of having it created, and I want to share it. It works well in several of my carts, but certainly would like to hear feedback or improvements the community can make.

The code is below. It basically adds a few button to your orders search results page. You select some orders, click the export button and download an xml file. Then you use the print from file option in Dazzle to import the xml file. It'll print the labels and create an output xml file. You return to the cart and select the import option. Then select the output xml file and upload. It'll import tracking numbers and change the status to complete. We use it for thousands of orders going priority/first class daily.

The version I'm uploading should work for 4.1 forward. I do have one for pre 4.1 as well, but assuming no one will need it. There are basic instructions in the file.

XCart 4.1.zip

-JM
Version 4.4 Gold

The following user thanks rubberneck for this useful post:
carpeperdiem (07-29-2009)
Old 07-29-2009, 01:03 PM

We simply download our days wort of one .CSV file and then simply use the 'IMPORT' feature in Dazzle. Once you map the fields, it makes for a very fast import of all the shipping info and automatically creates the e-mail for delivery confirmation.
Tavernier, FL 33070

XCMZ-EGCU-MXZE-EFAD
Old 08-18-2009, 04:40 PM

I use Workingman and it works well for me. I need to ship more via UPS. I would like to use Endicia Platinum that adds UPS to the services. I am wondering if your mod will permit use of UPS through Endicia?

Thanks

Bob
Uncounted QT Mods
Old 08-28-2009, 03:17 PM

I have used rubbernecks software and it works like a charm. It basically allows you to click two buttons and you have printed postage ready to go. Its much easier to install than than the working man software and the best part is hes giving it away free. Thanks, its the best mod I have ever installed.(paid or free)
Old 08-29-2009, 05:31 PM

First I would like to say thank Ruberneck for your Dazzle script. It saves me countless hours of work. It works flawlessly except for one problem I discovered today. I logged into my store as a customer and went to their orders management page and I saw the dazzle buttons there. They have a print dazzle stamps and import tracking number button. How do I remove it from there but leave it in the admin area?

Thanks in advance.

Haven't heard from Ruberneck yet can anyone else help me with this. I have xcart
Old 08-29-2009, 05:51 PM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopperstyle
First I would like to say thank Ruberneck for your Dazzle script. It saves me countless hours of work. It works flawlessly except for one problem I discovered today. I logged into my store as a customer and went to their orders management page and I saw the dazzle buttons there. They have a print dazzle stamps and import tracking number button. How do I remove it from there but leave it in the admin area?

Thanks in advance.

Haven't heard from Ruberneck yet can anyone else help me with this. I have xcart

Wrap the button display inside this:

Code:
{if $usertype eq "A"} button code {/if}

That will only display the button code to admin users.
Old 08-29-2009, 05:58 PM

Here's the fix that you need. Good catch.

In the coding in /skin1/main/orders_list.tpl, you need to change to match below:

New:
Code:
<br /> <br /> {if $usertype eq "A" or ($usertype eq "P")} <input type="button" value="Print Dazzle Stamps" onclick="ShowPrintForm()" /> &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <input type="button" value="Dazzle Tracking Numbers Import" onclick="ShowImportForm()" /> {/if} &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <!-- dazzle code -->

Original:
Code:
<br /> <br /> <input type="button" value="Print Dazzle Stamps" onclick="ShowPrintForm()" /> &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <input type="button" value="Dazzle Tracking Numbers Import" onclick="ShowImportForm()" /> &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <!-- dazzle code -->

Just adding an 'if' to check if it's an admin or provider.

-Jeff
Version 4.4 Gold
Old 08-29-2009, 07:01 PM

Worked perfectly! You guys are pure genius. Not only did you solve my problem but you gave me the answer in a way that a none programmer could understand it. Rubberneck its not much but PM me your PayPal email and I will send you $20 by PayPal just to say thanks. The working man script is the only other dazzle script I know of thats affordable ($99) and his video says it will take at least a few hours to install. I installed your script in less than 10 minutes and its free. Great job!
Old 11-03-2009, 06:07 AM

Can anyone help me with this? We've loaded the changes to our X-cart. I now see the 2 buttons "Print Dazzle Stamps" and "Dazzle Tracking Number Import". Now, in order to get the orders into Dazzle, I should select the order and what should I select for the "file format for export"? The options I have is standard, 4.0 compatable cvs tab-delimited, 4.0 compatable csv semicolon delimited, 4.0 compatable csv comma delimited? Am I missing something?

Thanks for your help,
Donna
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4