Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

X-Cart 4.0.7 released

X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 11-15-2004, 04:07 AM

Advanced Member

I notice while printing invoices, the credit card info is there in plain view. Is there a way to hide that info for printing purposes?
Old 11-15-2004, 04:11 AM

X-Adept

Default Re: you think? more like a REALITY !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by svowl
We are going to include the option that will allow you to turn all the checkout steps into one in 4.1.0 . Unfortunately, we cannot implement this feature into 4.0.x branch because we are working on it's stability.

However, in 4.0.x it is possible to reduce the number of checkout steps by limiting the number of payment methods available to customers to 1. If the store administrator defined only 1 active payment method and the customer is logged in, the checkout will include just one step: entering the payment info and 'Submit'. If the customer is anonymous, the checkout will include two steps: 1) providing the personal info and 2) providing the payment info and 'Submit'.

Here's a crazy thought.... What's the time frame for 4.1.x ??
Old 11-15-2004, 06:42 AM

X-Guru

Aren't we supposed to get emails on minor releases when we have "Minor releases and updates (high volume):" checked in our help desk area? Anyone else get an email update on this release or am I the only one NOT getting it?

Carrie

We support X-cart versions 3.x through 5.x!

Home of the famous Authorize.net DPM & CIM Modules, Reward Points Module, Point of Sale module, Speed Booster modules and more!

Over 200 X-cart Mods available & Thousands of Customizations Since 2002 - bcsengineering.com

Please E-Mail us for questions/support!
Old 11-15-2004, 06:49 AM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCSE
Aren't we supposed to get emails on minor releases when we have "Minor releases and updates (high volume):" checked in our help desk area? Anyone else get an email update on this release or am I the only one NOT getting it?

Carrie

no, i got nothing either

EWD Hosting
Hands On Hosting
Old 11-15-2004, 06:53 AM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan
no, i got nothing either

Thanks for the reply Shan. Glad I'm not the only one....but sure wish I would know via email instead of having a customer tell me...because one of these days, 4.x.x will be stable enough that this customer won't need to upgrade every time a release comes out.

Carrie

Home of the famous Authorize.net DPM & CIM Modules, Reward Points Module, Point of Sale module, Speed Booster modules and more!

Over 200 X-cart Mods available & Thousands of Customizations Since 2002 - bcsengineering.com

Old 11-15-2004, 06:58 AM

X-Guru

we were promised to be notified about releases and the discussion was going on only last week and yet i still ended up having to post this thread to tell people

EWD Hosting
Hands On Hosting
Old 11-15-2004, 07:01 AM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan
we were promised to be notified about releases and the discussion was going on only last week and yet i still ended up having to post this thread to tell people

Shan,

I do like this thread though even if we do actually start getting notified via email. So I can quickly view the bug fixes without having to download a zip, unzip it and then read the changelog. So if you don't mind keeping up these notifications after we start getting emails, I know I would appreciate it. Gives me one quick place to view bug fixes when customers ask if x.x.x version fixes such-and-such bug.

Carrie

Old 11-15-2004, 07:09 AM

X-Guru

no problem, i dont mind posting the thread but you would think that xcart staff would send out a msg in the first place and maybe even post the thread themselves

EWD Hosting
Hands On Hosting
Old 11-15-2004, 07:43 AM

eXpert

Personally I rely on Shan to make the posts on upgrades. So, I end up having to visit about once a week to see what's up. This is the first place I come.

Thanks Shan for keeping us informed!
Your help is so greatly appreciated!

I do think it would be nice if the xcart guys would post these announcements themselves.

I know the forum isn't an "official" xcart thingy, but certainly xcart guys could use it to inform us about what is going on a bit better. Communication with your customers is always the key to any business. What better mode of communication for xcart, then this forum? Emails are often deleted and personally I would rather come here to find out what's going on, then getting any more emails filling up my mail-e-boxes.

But, that's just me...
Old 11-15-2004, 12:10 PM

X-Guru

Anyone do this upgrade yet and have to manually upgrade func.php ?

I've double checked my manual upgrade twice and every time I upload the new file, it causes no output to be displayed (blank homepage). I'm probably next going to upload a fresh func.php and reapply my changes. Never had this much trouble before manually upgrading a file.

Carrie

X-Cart forums > News and Announcements