Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Free Gifts Module

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions

Old 04-06-2005, 08:43 AM

Default Re: Free Gifts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy
Can you tell me if this would work in that module.

Buy this item and get this item for $x.xx

Can the user choose the free gift i.e. if there is more than one?

Cheers

Well the way it currently works the user is offered free gifts based on how much they spend... But they can't choose a certain free gift over another and then after choosing one they wouldn't be able to select the other one... You can only specify one free gift per price point... So if the user spend $10 they would be offered one item, and if they spend $11 they'll be offered another, but you can't offer them two items for $10 and after choosing one they can't pick the other one...

That's the way it works now, anyway... I could feasibly mod it to do anything... Although that's being a bit modest

Atul
Old 04-06-2005, 09:06 AM

eXpert

Quote:
Although that's being a bit modest

You are the modinest, rootinest, tootinest cowboy on Xcart!

I think I will implement this after a while, it's just what we are looking for. The manager doesn't really want to give away money or discount stuff, but has no problem giving away free stuff.
Old 04-07-2005, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Well the way it currently works the user is offered free gifts based on how much they spend... But they can't choose a certain free gift over another and then after choosing one they wouldn't be able to select the other one... You can only specify one free gift per price point... So if the user spend $10 they would be offered one item, and if they spend $11 they'll be offered another, but you can't offer them two items for $10 and after choosing one they can't pick the other one...

Maybe it's just me. This paragraph doesn't make sense. Can you explain it a little better?

Thanks for your work! I think this will be what I need for my store.

Daniel J. Lewis
D.Joseph Design

You know the drill: X-Cart 4.0.15 (Unix)
Old 04-07-2005, 06:18 AM

I just looked at your store (very nice, BTW!) and it helped me understand some other things that you said, but it still leaves me with a question.

Is it possible that if Customer spends more that $xx.xx, that they choose one product from a selection of free/signficantly discounted items?

Daniel J. Lewis
D.Joseph Design

Old 04-07-2005, 06:22 AM

Veteran

That isn't the way it works by default, there is only one gift available per price point as he stated earlier. You could, however, have a couple of options for different price points. For example:

A customer spends $100, they are offered one free gift

A customer spends $200, they are offered a different free gift

You can't have a drop-down list of gifts to choose from if that is what you are looking for, at least not the way the code is written above. I'm sure Atul can write something like that though, for the right price
Old 04-07-2005, 06:31 AM

Ah. That's what I need. My client wants to offer one DVD of choice for $2 when purchased with a particular book.

Daniel J. Lewis
D.Joseph Design

Old 07-16-2005, 10:42 AM

Advanced Member

I have a question; should the price of the gift be 0. Or could that be like 10 dollars.

That way a customer can get a 50 dollar product for 10 dollars if he orders enough to apply for this discount.

Is this possible??

Thanks, Koen
Old 07-16-2005, 07:04 PM

That sounds cool. I like that idea too. The optimal option would be that it could be free or a discounted price.

Daniel J. Lewis
D.Joseph Design

Old 07-18-2005, 06:03 AM

If anyone wants me to do some particular modifications PM me and we'll work it out...
Old 07-27-2005, 06:23 AM

eXpert

A simple way to allow for a customer to choose their free gift or discounted items would be to use product options - variants.

Set up a product price $0 with a title something like "Free gifts for orders over $xx.xx"

Put pictures/descriptions, discount amounts, etc. in the description. Or maybe use http://forum.x-cart.com/viewtopic.php?t=20388 so this is done (reasonably) automatically.

Set up your product options as variants.

e.g. XL Blue Shirt, L Blue Shirt, XL Red Shirt, L Red Shirt. Red Baseball Hat, etc.

Now go to "product varients", set up SKU's and prices for each item. Free items set to $0.00, and discounted items, set to whatever is left to pay.

Now with no special mod to the mod, your customer can choose their free gift or discounted gift.
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions