Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

TelaFirma - X-Cart Dynamic Image Generator

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4

Old 06-05-2006, 10:49 PM

And a full reckoning has been made my me, it was all my fault, my fault!

Appearantly, my email is having problems and I only did not receive the email, but it was sent.

I would recommend Stephen Couch and his company for this mod and my apologies to Mr. Couch

Follow on twitter: http://twitter.com/netvisionweb
Become a fan on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/NetVision-Web-Design/89463493419
Old 06-06-2006, 04:00 AM

X-Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by enge919
Here's a thought.....

How do we get ahold of this guy!

I ordered this mod on behalf of a client a month ago and after sending repeated emails I have not so much as even heard a peep from this guy.

How oh how do we find him????

Though it seems like a nice mod I now feel I should have just done it custom myself.

My advice, dont but from this company unless you want to spend unknown time trying to track them down to get the goods, I still havent.

To Stephen Couch, if you read this I will be happy to remove this post if you would just make an effort.

My records show that you ordered the Mod on the 15th of last month and that I delivered it via email the same day. Also, after you sent me an email through the contact for on the website, I responded saying so and I also sent you a link to download the Mod from the site (thinking that your email may have blocked the attachment).

When you contacted me a third time, I sent three different emails, all from three different email addresses, stating again that the mod had been delivered on the 15th and again providing you a download link to download the mod yourself.

I am now going to send you a PM with all the same information.
Old 06-13-2006, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wink
Hi TelaFirma,

Just purchased your mod, and it's great stuff, however, I am also having the problem with my transparent gifs having a black background.

I did a little research on GD and found this page which discusses how to create an image with a white background.

http://www.phpgd.com/articles.php?article=5

Apparently, when you use either the imagecreate() or imagecreatetruecolor() functions, it always starts you with a blank image with a BLACK background.

You can change the background color to white by starting with

Code:
imagefill($image,0,0,$white);

I don't know if that will solve the problem, you know way more about this stuff than me, but I just wanted to offer some help if I can.

Cool research, Wink, thanks for contributing.

TeleFirma, has the gif problem been fixed yet? As I've mentioned many times, this fatal flaw has prevented me from using your mod, which I paid for many moons ago.

I'd love to actually get it working, because it looks awfully cool on the sites it works on.
BCSE: Referral Pts-Surveys-BatchUp-OrderEZ- Reviews-RSS
FT: Glossary-OptCopt-AdvSrch-Recently Viewed-Also Bought
CM: eZConversion
XP: SalesRecovery, MultCrncy
Old 06-20-2006, 05:42 AM

X-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by TelaFirma
4.1.0 is not stable and still has many issues. Some of the issues are with image display. Untill that branch is more stable I do not intend on looking to port it over. Too many things may change between now and then.

I have noticed that on your web site there is no direct link to this mod. Are you discontinuing it with the release of the 4.1 branch or do you have plans to release a new version? We currently have your mod installed on our site which is using 4.0.18 and plan to upgrade to 4.1 once it is declared stable. In the mean time I have been "playing" with 4.1 mainly just to familiarize myself with it and would like to incorporate this mod or something similar to it.

What I am getting at is should we wait until a new version of this mod is available, or look into incorporating something different like what is discussed in the thread at http://forum.x-cart.com/viewtopic.php?t=29444&start=0 ? Do you have any kind of timetable as far as releasing a new version?

BTW - your web site was not available the last few times I checked, over a period of about a month. Has that all been straightened out?
Integrated with Stone Edge Order Manager + POS

Version 4.1.12 Gold (fresh install) - X-AOM - Linux
Mods - XCSEO free
Old 06-23-2006, 11:04 PM

X-Adept

I have used TF's mod. on numerous sites and it is indeed excellent. However, I have to work a new site using 4.1.x as it has too many products to use previous versions of XC and I now find images to be a pain in the $#*.

With a few hundred thousand images in the P or T image directory I really have to be able to reize images on the server vs. manually. I realize that you aren't as yet making any ports to 4.1.x TF but is there a way to use this type of image functionality to simply resize images and save them in the various sizes in P and T? Then I can simply call them by name during product import.

Any help on this would be most appreciated. There must be a way to simply use php and GD library to do what Telafirma's mod does on an entire directory and then save the output to another dir. Most often GD is used on the fly, but how about just as a server side image resizer? That way I could just log into my server, ftp images into a temp dir. and resize them to the respective dirs... not as good as TF's, but I need a solution as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Mike
Old 07-02-2006, 03:24 PM

A few questions on this mod...

1- Does the file size of the popup image change depending on the dimensions? If I were to load 1000x1000 images, but called them to pop up as 600x600, will the filesize overall be much smaller than 1000x1000?

2- How are alt tags controlled for each image?

3- Is any part of the filename for the image customizable?

4- Am I correct that I have to reupload every image--thumbnail and detailed--for this mod to take effect?

Thanks,

Jeremy
Old 07-03-2006, 02:49 AM

X-Adept

Quote:
A few questions on this mod...

1- Does the file size of the popup image change depending on the dimensions? If I were to load 1000x1000 images, but called them to pop up as 600x600, will the filesize overall be much smaller than 1000x1000?

Yes - significantly.

Quote:
2- How are alt tags controlled for each image?

The Alt Tag for the product image is the product name. Detail Images already have an Alt Tag facility built into X-Cart.

Quote:
3- Is any part of the filename for the image customizable?

No.

Quote:
4- Am I correct that I have to reupload every image--thumbnail and detailed--for this mod to take effect?

In order for this mod to do what it was intended - yes. If you have existing images that are 200 x 200 then it will create smaller images where called for, but this mod will not upscale.
Old 07-03-2006, 08:45 AM

Quote:
In order for this mod to do what it was intended - yes. If you have existing images that are 200 x 200 then it will create smaller images where called for, but this mod will not upscale.

The images on my site right now are mostly 600x600-800x800... I'd prefer them to be resized a bit... maybe 550x550 or 600x600... does this mean I wouldn't have to reupload them?
Old 07-03-2006, 10:35 AM

X-Adept

Yes
Old 07-03-2006, 03:30 PM

X-Adept

This isn't really an issue with Stephen's mod. You simply need to upload a CSV file with PRODUCTID and Thumbnail columns propagated. That will allow the generation or re-generation of the images.

There is no question that this type of mod is the best image mod available for X-Cart as the images and resizing is completedly automated and th clarity (sharpness) is superb than the majority of batch resizing in PS, PSP or other image software.

If you can automate and cache images, you should definitely consider this. Some shared hosting folks won't be able to, but most servers that have php installed are able to handle this.

I an thankful for TF's mod as it is suxh a hassle to resize every image for the various formats. It is so much easier just to ftp images server to server (from the image location) and keep a higher resolution version. Then generate... a great solution and well wortth the price.

- Mike

- Mike
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4