Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

CDSEO Pro - Complete SEO Solution - Custom Urls, Page Titles, Meta Data, Link Anchors

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4

Old 05-15-2009, 08:51 AM

X-Guru

Default Re: CDSEO Pro - Complete SEO Solution - Custom Urls, Page Titles, Meta Data, Link Anchors

retrtrtrytrutru: CDSEO won't remove custom variables such as 'manid' since it assumes there is a good reason for them Try enabling the rewrite base in your .htaccess file to correct the 404.
Old 05-15-2009, 08:55 AM

X-Guru

Default Re: CDSEO Pro - Complete SEO Solution - Custom Urls, Page Titles, Meta Data, Link Anchors

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve.thompson
I misunderstood the use of the patch. I thought that it was a one-off.

Seems that the patch needs to be applied whenever I create a product with a "<space>p" in the title. Can I edit CDSEO so that it does not do the "-p" to "_p" replacement? Or do I need to run the patch every time?

Thanks, Steve.

Open your modules/cdseolinks/cdseo_config.php

At the bottom of the file, just before ?> put:

Code:
// WCM - Modify _p urls if ($_GET['cdseopage'] == 'auto-population') db_query("UPDATE wcm_cdseo set cdseoUrl = replace(cdseoUrl,'_p','-p')");
Old 05-15-2009, 01:27 PM

eXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon
Open your modules/cdseolinks/cdseo_config.php

At the bottom of the file, just before ?> put:

Code:
// WCM - Modify _p urls if ($_GET['cdseopage'] == 'auto-population') db_query("UPDATE wcm_cdseo set cdseoUrl = replace(cdseoUrl,'_p','-p')");

Hi Jon.

That didn't fix it. If I add a new product with "<space>p" in the Product Name, then run auto-populate, the url still shows "_p".

Thanks, Steve.
Old 05-17-2009, 10:24 PM

Hi Jon
I would like to know and understand what your product can do for me, I have x-cart pro and I am confused as to the differance it will make to my site compared with what is already available in pro 4.2
Old 05-18-2009, 01:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon
Try enabling the rewrite base in your .htaccess file to correct the 404.
I did but it doesn't work unfortunately, still the same error

Code:
Not Found The requested URL /cdseopro.php was not found on this server. Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Also tried removing everything from my .htaccess file but to no avail. I now have only this in the .htaccess file:

Code:
# ------------------------------------ # CDSEO Pro # ------------------------------------ # This directory index is recommended to replace the # x-cart default within this .htaccess file DirectoryIndex home.php index.html index.php # Enable mod rewrite engine RewriteEngine On # .htpasswd protection # May be required if your htpasswd files are located below document root (i.e. cpanel) # Remove # at the beginning of this line if your unable to access password protected folders: ErrorDocument 401 "Unauthorized" # Some servers require this Options directive to be disabled # Remove # at the beginning of this line to disable: #Options -Multiviews # Some servers require the Rewritebase directive to be enabled # Remove # at the beginning of this line to enable: RewriteBase / RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/(payment|admin|provider|partner)/ RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !\.(gif|jpe?g|png|js|css|swf|php|ico)$ RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-l RewriteRule ^(.+)$ cdseopro.php # ------------------------------------ # / CDSEO Pro # ------------------------------------
Edit, even when I directly type in the URL to the cdseopro.php file in my browser I get a 404 error page, but this page is from the hosting company. I have contacted them if they know what's going on here...

www.vervangjelamp.nl
X-Cart Gold 4.2.0, PHP 5.2.6, MySQL 5.0.37-standard, Apache/2

Sorry for the weird user name, I registered it by mistake
Old 05-18-2009, 03:20 PM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve.thompson
Hi Jon.

That didn't fix it. If I add a new product with "<space>p" in the Product Name, then run auto-populate, the url still shows "_p".

Thanks, Steve.

Can you please submit a support ticket to us with FTP and x-cart admin access, I'll set this up for you and ensure it works at no additional cost.
Old 05-18-2009, 03:21 PM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by retrtrtrytrutru
I did but it doesn't work unfortunately, still the same error

Code:
Not Found The requested URL /cdseopro.php was not found on this server. Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Also tried removing everything from my .htaccess file but to no avail. I now have only this in the .htaccess file:

Code:
# ------------------------------------ # CDSEO Pro # ------------------------------------ # This directory index is recommended to replace the # x-cart default within this .htaccess file DirectoryIndex home.php index.html index.php # Enable mod rewrite engine RewriteEngine On # .htpasswd protection # May be required if your htpasswd files are located below document root (i.e. cpanel) # Remove # at the beginning of this line if your unable to access password protected folders: ErrorDocument 401 "Unauthorized" # Some servers require this Options directive to be disabled # Remove # at the beginning of this line to disable: #Options -Multiviews # Some servers require the Rewritebase directive to be enabled # Remove # at the beginning of this line to enable: RewriteBase / RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/(payment|admin|provider|partner)/ RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !\.(gif|jpe?g|png|js|css|swf|php|ico)$ RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-l RewriteRule ^(.+)$ cdseopro.php # ------------------------------------ # / CDSEO Pro # ------------------------------------
Edit, even when I directly type in the URL to the cdseopro.php file in my browser I get a 404 error page, but this page is from the hosting company. I have contacted them if they know what's going on here...

May sound like a silly question, but are you sure that cdseopro.php was actually uploaded? If your host isn't able to figure out the issue please submit a support ticket with FTP information.
Old 05-18-2009, 03:21 PM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by EandR
Hi Jon
I would like to know and understand what your product can do for me, I have x-cart pro and I am confused as to the differance it will make to my site compared with what is already available in pro 4.2

This comparison chart should help: http://www.x-cart-seo.com/cdseo-pro-for-x-cart/cdseo-comparison-chart.php
Old 05-18-2009, 04:08 PM

eXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon
Can you please submit a support ticket to us with FTP and x-cart admin access, I'll set this up for you and ensure it works at no additional cost.

I have correctly edited the /modules/cdseolinks/cdseo_config.php file.

Thanks, Steve.
Old 05-18-2009, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon
May sound like a silly question, but are you sure that cdseopro.php was actually uploaded? If your host isn't able to figure out the issue please submit a support ticket with FTP information.
Thanks Jon, it's not a silly question but I am 100% sure the file was uploaded. I think my hosting company did something because since this morning the links are working. Haven't heard from them what they've changed but I assume they will let me know later today. Now, back to experimenting

www.vervangjelamp.nl
X-Cart Gold 4.2.0, PHP 5.2.6, MySQL 5.0.37-standard, Apache/2

Sorry for the weird user name, I registered it by mistake
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4