Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

X-Cart v4.4.2 released

Closed Thread
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 01-25-2011, 04:36 AM

Advanced Member

Default Re: X-Cart v4.4.2 released

In 'New customer sign up notification email', the area under 'Personal information' is blank. It is supposed to have customer details.

Is this a bug? Anyone else having this issue?
Old 01-25-2011, 03:50 PM

Advanced Member

This is so frustrating I have 2 clients waiting for their stores to go live and there is no stable release of 4.4x yet

When will the fixes be done

I have a suggestion for the next version set up a few beta testers in the x cart community and try to fix ALL the bugs be fore you release the final version. Come on qt you are big enough to do things proper

Hosting and customization
www.namsoft.biz
Old 01-25-2011, 03:59 PM

X-Adept

really a big headachc, i have wait for the stable version for 6 months already!!!
www.loupesusa.com X-Cart Version: 4.7.11 GOLD PLUS
Old 01-25-2011, 04:06 PM

eXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by yehudah
This is so frustrating I have 2 clients waiting for their stores to go live and there is no stable release of 4.4x yet

When will the fixes be done

I have a suggestion for the next version set up a few beta testers in the x cart community and try to fix ALL the bugs be fore you release the final version. Come on qt you are big enough to do things proper

I went live with 4.4.2

It was a major upgrade from 4.1.9 (to 4.1.12 to 4.4.0 to 4.4.1 to 4.4.2), which included a huge cleanup of my junked up database.

The bugs are tolerable, and the benefits are huge compared to 4.1.9. The "clean URLs" didn't work for me, but no matter since I went with CDSEOlinks anyway. FedEx Overnight Priority won't show up, but that's a once-a-year order so I can wait for the fix.

Each person needs to evaluate 4.4.2 for themselves. Issues reported by others may not show for you (or be applicable). Easy to test on the same server without affecting the live store. I was testing 4.4.1 knowing by the time I was done the 4.4.2 would be out.

Several mods in menu and skin, BSCE shipping-per-product, CDSEO Pro

The following user thanks kustomrides for this useful post:
seyfin (01-27-2011)
Old 01-25-2011, 04:26 PM

Advanced Member

Did you see the address bug that I reported
it is really a bad customer experience when things like add a new address does not work properly, I can t sell a product that does not work properly.

I did an upgrade from 4.4.1 to 4.4.2 at the end all I had was a blank white screen with an http 500 error nothing worked only way was to restore my backup of 4.4.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by kustomrides
I went live with 4.4.2

It was a major upgrade from 4.1.9 (to 4.1.12 to 4.4.0 to 4.4.1 to 4.4.2), which included a huge cleanup of my junked up database.

The bugs are tolerable, and the benefits are huge compared to 4.1.9. The "clean URLs" didn't work for me, but no matter since I went with CDSEOlinks anyway. FedEx Overnight Priority won't show up, but that's a once-a-year order so I can wait for the fix.

Each person needs to evaluate 4.4.2 for themselves. Issues reported by others may not show for you (or be applicable). Easy to test on the same server without affecting the live store. I was testing 4.4.1 knowing by the time I was done the 4.4.2 would be out.

www.namsoft.biz
Old 01-25-2011, 04:34 PM

eXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by yehudah
Did you see the address bug that I reported
it is really a bad customer experience when things like add a new address does not work properly, I can t sell a product that does not work properly.

I did an upgrade from 4.4.1 to 4.4.2 at the end all I had was a blank white screen with an http 500 error nothing worked only way was to restore my backup of 4.4.1

I can add a new address without issue.

Old 01-25-2011, 04:51 PM

Quote:
I can add a new address without issue.

Using IE8? It works fine for me in FF and Chrome, but not IE8 (and others seem to have the same problem).

I'm prepping my big 4.0.18 --> 4.4.2 upgrade and while I'm loving the new features, this address bug is the only show stopper for me so far. Everything else seems to be working pretty nicely.
Old 01-25-2011, 05:00 PM

Quote:

The "clean URLs" didn't work for me

How so? They seem to be working just fine for me on my dev setup (4.4.2, using my 4.0.18 data that was migrated by QT). What was the problem? Something in particular? I was considering CDSEO but in playing with the default 4.4.2 SEO features I can't see some SEO mod adding that much for me (and I've been trying to stay as mod-free as possible to save myself headaches later on).

I know QT is taking a lot of heat (and a lot is deserved), but the 4.4.2 installation (I did it myself) went perfectly (at a good x-cart hosting company mind you so there were NO setup issues) and super fast, and QT did my ancient 4.0.18 data migration quickly and at a very affordable price. They also did a few other custom projects (payment gateway) and big images migrations for me and all went super smooth and on-time and affordable.

So if they fix the two bugs I reported (IE8 address book issues, and ampersand re-encoding) I'll be very happy and ready to launch shortly. Oh, and it's running at LEAST twice as fast as my old 4.0.18 installation (and I haven't done any speed tuning or settings optimization yet since I'm still in dev).
Old 01-25-2011, 05:38 PM

eXpert

No, I'm using FF and Safari, not IE. I suppose I should boot up the WinXP and check out that bug.

pss999: The clean URLs reported as working, but pages did not resolve to clean URLs. Not a big since I wanted to upgrade my CDSEO anyway, since it was on my 4.1.9

Currently my difficulty with 4.2.2 is plumbing the depths of it to modify the skin. Seems like .css and .tpl files are all over the place ... hard to find for an amateur like me. But 4.4.x runs much faster, which means more sales.

Old 01-25-2011, 07:19 PM

Advanced Member

I have a fix for the address thingy in IE8
i tested my fix in IE and firefox
please make sure you backup your file before you make any changes to the code

open file popup_address.php found in the root folder of xcart

edit line 218

before:
func_header_location('popup_address.php?mode=' . $mode . '&id=' . $id);

change to:
func_header_location('address_book.php');

Be carfull when making changes to the php files, make sure to test that all is still working properly

Yehduah

www.namsoft.biz
Closed Thread
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements