Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

X-Payments 1.0 beta5 announcement

Closed Thread
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 06-29-2010, 04:24 PM

Advanced Member

Default Re: X-Payments 1.0 beta5 announcement

Preface by saying I'm not a developer... I'm a sole proprietor. I hired someone to mod X-cart for me, and I have an impossibly limited budget. But this whole 7/1 thing... sigh.

I'm having trouble visualizing X-Payments and X-Connector... is anyone running it so I can see what it looks like?

Can I assume it would need to be skinned, or does it automagically take on the appearance of the modding I've already had done? And do I have to upgrade to 4.3.2?

I can't locate a proper place to ask questions like these, so if someone can point me in the right direction, much appreciated.
Old 06-29-2010, 04:25 PM

Veteran

For those of you who are confused as hell, have a read through this, I have tried to clear it up a bit:

http://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=54408

The following 3 users thank balinor for this useful post:
ambal (06-29-2010), Duramax 6.6L (06-29-2010), sarvasoap (06-29-2010)
Old 06-29-2010, 07:09 PM

X-Adept

Is it true that X-Payments must be run on a separate domain or sub-domain or server in order to be compliant.
Smart Template,
Mail Chimp Upgrade
Checkout One (One Page Checkout)
Checkout One X-Payments Connector
Checkout One Deluxe Tools
Call For Price
On Sale Module
Buy Together Module
MAP Price MOD
Old 06-29-2010, 07:50 PM

X-Wizard

No

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duramax 6.6L
Is it true that X-Payments must be run on a separate domain or sub-domain or server in order to be compliant.
Apache 2.4
CENTOS 7.8 64Bit Single Quad-Core E3-1241v3 3.4Ghz 8M 1600 w/ HT
32GB RAM 2x 512GB Samsung 850 Pro SSD RAID 1
Old 06-29-2010, 10:20 PM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiLiving
But isn't it entirely possible you could have written it for 5.3 while still allowing it to work within 5.X, basically not using the best and newest features but having some backward compatibility?

Good point!

The problem is: PHP constantly enforces the use of new features by not just implementing them, but also making the older approaches deprecated and removing them from the software.

A good example of this is in the very fact that X-Cart working perfectly well in 5.2 generates tons of warnings in 5.3.

Also, the developers were sure that PCI DSS standard will enforce all users to use the latest stable PHP version (that's 5.3). But that actually was a misinterpretation of the standard, because it enforces the use of supported version with all security patches applied. That does not necessarily means "the latest one".

Twitter: @aznakai
Old 06-29-2010, 10:26 PM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarvasoap
Preface by saying I'm not a developer... I'm a sole proprietor. I hired someone to mod X-cart for me, and I have an impossibly limited budget. But this whole 7/1 thing... sigh.

I'm having trouble visualizing X-Payments and X-Connector... is anyone running it so I can see what it looks like?

Can I assume it would need to be skinned, or does it automagically take on the appearance of the modding I've already had done? And do I have to upgrade to 4.3.2?

Yeah, it needs to be skinned. Based on customer feedback, we made a tweak to X-Payments that allow it to create a skin automatically, matching underlying X-Cart skin.

However, this automatic procedure is not guaranteed to work in 100% cases (depending on how heavily your store customized).

In regards to upgrade: no, you don't have to upgrade. If there's no X-Connector for your version of X-Cart, you can order a $75 service and we will fit a customized connector for your version.

Old 06-29-2010, 10:41 PM

Advanced Member

We requested a Connector for 4.0.19 from your sales team, they told me it was not in stable condition?

X-cart 4.3.2 up and running.
Apache, PHP 5.2, APC, Redhat, Checkout One, On Sale, Smart Search, Remember Cart.
Lots of other customization's, but perhaps typical of x-cart installations.

X-cart 5 sort of in limbo, trying to make things work without much luck.
Old 06-29-2010, 10:43 PM

X-Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrf
... In regards to upgrade: no, you don't have to upgrade. If there's no X-Connector for your version of X-Cart, you can order a $75 service and we will fit a customized connector for your version.

Why not just make the x-connector available for the other X-Cart versions under 4.X.X?
Surely that level of support would be the least that is expected for the "world's best shopping cart".

I know many people / companies, are just not keen to let any 3rd party programmers into their servers (including QT) - why force people to take this approach (when you could just provide the connector for them to use)?

Cheers - Asiaplay
Old 06-29-2010, 10:52 PM

eXpert

Days before compliance is mandatory this all is sprung on us in all its glory. If the "TRUTH" of this was exposed months ago, myself and others I would assume would have gone elsewhere.

IMO this is a ploy that was tactically released so close to the deadline that most would be stuck to accept these terms. I for one will stand up and call it what it is, BULL****.

1 - One page checkout
2 - Image Generator
3 - CSDEO Pro
4 - Shop By Price
5 - Next - Previous
6 - On Sale
7 - Shop By Price

8 - Froogle & Google Base Feed
9 - Buy Together
10 - Customer Loyalty Points
11 - Customer Reward Points
Customer Reward Points Referral Add-on
12 - Product Reviews
13 - Other Custom Modifications
----------------------
http://www.townsqjewelry.com/
http://www.eroticnights4u.com/ <---- Adult Oriented - Toys
Old 06-29-2010, 11:41 PM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by EN4U
Days before compliance is mandatory this all is sprung on us in all its glory. If the "TRUTH" of this was exposed months ago, myself and others I would assume would have gone elsewhere.

IMO this is a ploy that was tactically released so close to the deadline that most would be stuck to accept these terms. I for one will stand up and call it what it is, BULL****.

You have all reasons to be upset. The product is delayed.

Months ago, I had exactly the same amount of info on the situation as you have. A ready product and six months that were perfectly enough for QSA to finish their job.

Now I can clearly see that QSA will not finish their job by the 1st of July.

But what I can do is to make sure they are actually on this job, to make sure they complete it ASAP and to provide you with the information.

PS:

And I have TONS of reasons to be upset, too. I have a lot of my time and money invested in X-Payments. Apart from the product development, the PA DSS certification for software itself costs like fifty times more than PCI DSS QSA services for a single store.

These efforts was undermined by a low performance from QSA and I have no leverage to force them to move fast. Obviously, a contract with QSA can't have a clause that they have to certify us in a certain amount of time. They kinda need to be independent. And trust me, they are independent, at a galactic scale!

... to compliment the part of your post with reference to bovine sub-products:

I believe it was a serious mistake on my part to promise free X-Payments to our clients. That project cost us a lot of money and we're giving it away free of charge. There's not a single solution with one time fee on market that would provide PA DSS compliance at a cost measured in something other that THOUSANDS of USD.

If I'd know that there will be so few solutions that actually solve the problem and that they will charge their customers so much, I'd never promise free X-Payments. If I'd new just how much it will cost me personally to get this done, I'd never promise free X-Payments.

Nevertheless, the product is ready and my funds are already there. We will keep our promise and we'll give a free X-Payment license to all eligible clients (that means all clients who purchased X-Cart before 1st of June).
And all what we need in order to do that is the QSA approval, our work is done. I understand your concerns but the only help I can give now is to constantly bump the QSA.

We're not the ones who invented this PA/PCI DSS problem. We're one of the few who are actually solving it. I am open to feedback & criticism. But with all due respect, I will not tolerate offensive language on this forum.

Thank you.

Last edited by rrf : 06-29-2010 at 11:48 PM.
Closed Thread
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements