Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

X-Cart 4.0.0 alpha 1 Release - Non Production Test Version

X-Cart forums > News and Announcements

Old 06-13-2004, 05:48 PM

X-Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveb1
Konig

Have a look at the 2nd page of this thread, 4th post down... the link has already been posted

Dave
Thanks Dave
You saved me from digging for it.

For all those people who are not like Dave, learn how to s e a r c h
It comes up in the first six.
Old 06-16-2004, 11:39 PM

Default Wholesale Pricing Levels

It would be great if various levels of pricing for wholesalers could be included. The worst problem that we are having during our new installation is that we offer retail and wholesale prices. Our resellers have an additional level of support products that are available to them, it would be nice if when they are browsing the store it showed their pricing levels instead of the retail. While at the same time we have 3 levels of reseller accounts.

Of course, you do not want your retail customers seeing your wholesale pricing either.

Just a though.
PHP Version 4.3.10
MySQL Version 4.0.22-standard
Apache 1.3.33 (UNIX)
Old 06-17-2004, 04:24 AM

X-Man

Wholesale pricing is available already. It has been for quite some time. With multiple levels of reseller pricing as well. You might want to go back and read through this whole thread. I responded to a similar comment earlier.
Old 06-17-2004, 06:54 AM

Default improve product input

Having just spent an enormous amount of time transfering over 2000 products with 9 (yes 9!!) extra fields from one old cart to xcart I implore the xcart people to make this whole process MUCH FASTER AND MUCH SMOOTHER!!

Believe it or not the current operation takes 26 clicks to load up one product and to assign a thumbnail and one detailed image - in my book that is at least 20 clicks too many.

I trust the xcart people will look at this carefully in version 4 as the current solution is a nightmare.

I also tried another route and that was to load the info directly into the database - what a task - first of all you have to load info to 5 separate tables - oh how much I miss the old fcart product where you could load all the data into one table. Now you have to load the category info into the category table and this is in numbers not descriptions - try and remember over 50 category numbers at the same time.
But that is only the begining as you also have to load up the products table and assign the category numbers - are we finished?? far from it as you then have to load up the thumbnails - surely now we can see the products??
no you can not you then have to load up the price table. Oh yes and I forgot you also have to load up the images table and then eureeka if you haven't fallen asleep or cocked it up you can see your products.

I just trust the xcart developers are not only reading this but are blushing at their failure to understand how important it is to make product entry fast and intuitive!!

comments from others on this are sought please!!
Old 06-17-2004, 12:53 PM

X-Adept

Default Re: improve product input

AGREED!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris
Having just spent an enormous amount of time transfering over 2000 products with 9 (yes 9!!) extra fields from one old cart to xcart I implore the xcart people to make this whole process MUCH FASTER AND MUCH SMOOTHER!!

Believe it or not the current operation takes 26 clicks to load up one product and to assign a thumbnail and one detailed image - in my book that is at least 20 clicks too many.

I trust the xcart people will look at this carefully in version 4 as the current solution is a nightmare.

I also tried another route and that was to load the info directly into the database - what a task - first of all you have to load info to 5 separate tables - oh how much I miss the old fcart product where you could load all the data into one table. Now you have to load the category info into the category table and this is in numbers not descriptions - try and remember over 50 category numbers at the same time.
But that is only the begining as you also have to load up the products table and assign the category numbers - are we finished?? far from it as you then have to load up the thumbnails - surely now we can see the products??
no you can not you then have to load up the price table. Oh yes and I forgot you also have to load up the images table and then eureeka if you haven't fallen asleep or cocked it up you can see your products.

I just trust the xcart developers are not only reading this but are blushing at their failure to understand how important it is to make product entry fast and intuitive!!

comments from others on this are sought please!!
Old 06-17-2004, 05:18 PM

Default Full Order Fullfillment!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok.... if you want my business and that of hundres of other people here is what your going to have to do.

Once a day store owners need to be able click the "new orders" button, immediatly need to be able to review all new (open) order to ensure accuracy. Now at the bottom of the page there needs to be a print lables and slips button.

This button needs to automatically be able to print 2 packaging slips + the shipping lable. Automatically it needs to input the tracking number into the order field and email the customer a confirmation of order completion with the tracking number + link.

I now need to be able to file one packaging slip and the other one is used to pick/package the products. I now take the shipping lable stick it on the box wait for UPS.

Done deal --- Cutting order fullfilment to 3 very simple steps saving TIME, STRESS and MONEY.

Please do it and if possible integration this for USPS, FedEx, DHL with realtime shipping calculation.
Old 06-17-2004, 05:33 PM

GREAT NEW FEATURES. X-cart is the best and if someday X-cart will release the return mod its the greatest.

does anyone know when 4.00 Alpha will be released as a regular one?

Or can the alpha version be used for live shops?

Saskia
Old 06-17-2004, 05:57 PM

X-Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOC
Or can the alpha version be used for live shops?

Saskia

Only if you are selling Crazy in a can
Old 06-18-2004, 05:53 AM

eXpert

Default Fulfillment Agreed

I completely agree with cargonpixel

We run a phone/web/mail order store. Currently the phone/mail part is run on some propriety crap that is full of bugs and just sucks.

The web now run on intershop(epages) and I am now in the business of migrating to xcart.

If we could get the fulfillment done in xcart we could do away with our other software and totally use xcart.

here is what we need in short.

1. The ablility to see "new" orders on a daily or every a few times a day basis.
2. Easy way to allow people to order stuff that is on backorder or not currently available
3. A way to view the items that are on backorder ( and the corrispondig invoices with backorder stuff).
4. A picking report. Basically select a bunch of invoices and give an aggreagated list of the items (and locations like bin number) for those invoices. The fulfillment staff can then go to the basement with this print out and bring the products up.
5. Maybe a module that offers easy report creations like, customer sales on date, # of items sold, blah, blah, blah.

If any of these things are offered by mods (like xcartlab) please let me know. I want to have xcart run the whole business.

X-cart is the one solution that I have not either been sticker shocked or disappointed the more I use it.

Shane
Old 06-18-2004, 06:12 AM

eXpert

Default Bugs in 4.0.0A1

Ok here are some possible bugs I found with this version

1. Buy now doesn't work.

From customer site of shop do a search for a product.
When matching product is shown, click on the "Buy now" button. Nothing happens for me. Actually I get a javascript error.
The buy now button works fine when just using the categories and products, but now via the search option.

2. News shows oldest news

From the customer side the "News" box shows the oldest news entry not the newest. Is this a template modification that I have to make or is this a sql error? I cleared my cache and still only shows the oldest one (not the latest news message).

Shane

X-Cart version 4.0.0A1
PHP 4.3.2
MySQL server 3.23.58
MySQL client 3.23.58
Web server Apache 2.0.46
Operation system Redhat enterprise 3.0 AS
Perl 5.008
XML parser (expat) found
   X-Cart forums > News and Announcements