Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

X-Cart One Page Checkout - MercuryMinds

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4

Old 03-26-2011, 10:54 AM

eXpert

Default Re: X-Cart One Page Checkout - MercuryMinds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dongan
This has been answered. Thank you for showing interest.

I did finally get a response - thank you. But then I replied back to ask about the basic versus integrated versions, as xCart by default uses the email as a the log in - and again, no response. I am really getting concerned. I have seen the module and like it very well but what happens if I have a problem. Someone had posted about a bug - if I install it and have an issue am I going to have a problem with support?

Please tell me about using the email as the user name and if this module is now running smoothly.

Thank you

2-12-14 FOR SALE

The following user thanks ScrapbookSupplies for this useful post:
Dongan (03-31-2011)
Old 03-30-2011, 05:57 AM

My hosting account was just suspended due to a SQL patch these guys had me add.

This is part of the email from Host Monster:

A whole lot of mysql queries are running slow and backing things up on the server. Please look into optimizing databases. Remember optimizing the database doesn't mean running "optimize" in mysql. It means adding useful indexes and looking for tables that are bloated in size. MySQL on localhost (5.1.xx-community-log) up 5+22:11:37 [00:22:15] Queries: 19.0 qps: 0 Slow: 0.0 Se/In/Up/De(%): 1147684xxx/00/00/00 qps now: 0 Slow qps: 0.0 Threads: 420 ( 405/ 6) 56600/00/00/00 Key Efficiency: 99.8% Bps in/out: 0.0/ 2.7 Now in/out: 8.3/34.5k Id User Host/IP DB Time Cmd Query or State -- ---- ------- -- ---- --- ---------- 28312xxx xxxx_ localhost xxxx_x 5xx Query REPLACE INTO xcart_config (`value`, `name`, `defvalue`, `variants`) VALUES ('130146xxxx', 'data_cache_expiration', '', '') 28322xxx xxxx_ localhost xxxx_x 4xx Query REPLACE INTO xcart_config (`value`, `name`, `defvalue`, `variants`) VALUES ('1301465xxx', 'data_cache_expiration', '', '') 28328xxx xxxx_ localhost xxxx_x 3xx Query REPLACE INTO xcart_config (`value`, `name`, `defvalue`, `variants`) VALUES ('1301465759', 'data_cache_expiration', '', '') 28332xxx xxxx_ localhost xxxx_x 3xx Query REPLACE INTO xcart_config (`value`, `name`, `defvalue`, `variants`) VALUES ('130146xxxx', 'data_cache_expiration', '', '')

And this is part of the email from Mercury Minds:

4.) Apply this in "patch or upgrade" section in your admin.
REPLACE INTO `xcart_config` (`name`, `comment`, `value`, `category`, `orderby`, `type`, `defvalue`, `variants`, `validation`) VALUES
('MM_term_and_condition', 'Enable this to show Terms and Condition in MM Checkout', 'Y', 'MM_Checkout', 3, 'checkbox', 'Y', '', '');

This does not make me happy in the slightest. Please quickly advise what to do as my site is down.
Old 03-31-2011, 09:50 AM

See this post for more on my issue with this checkout module:
http://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=58680

The following user thanks digiemp for this useful post:
Dongan (03-31-2011)
Old 03-31-2011, 08:15 PM

X-Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by digiemp
See this post for more on my issue with this checkout module:
http://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=58680

This is being looked into
Old 03-31-2011, 08:16 PM

X-Wizard

Responded & closed that ticket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrapbookSupplies
I did finally get a response - thank you. But then I replied back to ask about the basic versus integrated versions, as xCart by default uses the email as a the log in - and again, no response. I am really getting concerned. I have seen the module and like it very well but what happens if I have a problem. Someone had posted about a bug - if I install it and have an issue am I going to have a problem with support?

Please tell me about using the email as the user name and if this module is now running smoothly.

Thank you
Old 04-06-2011, 03:01 PM

I am running your one page checkout module. I have been getting complaints that it takes very long for the page to load. My site runs very fast when I disable your module and use the regular x-cart checkout procedure. There is a constant spinning wheel and finally the page loads. I have heard there are issues with your module in this respect. Is there a way to solve this problem? Is there a bug fix or update?

Eric

http://dominicancreations.com

sales@dominicancreations.com

facebook.com/dominicancreations

SUPPORT SELF-EMPLOYED ARTISANS

The following user thanks DominicanCreations for this useful post:
Dongan (04-07-2011)
Old 04-07-2011, 08:03 PM

X-Wizard

Hi Eric,

Please report it to our support team at support@mercuryminds.com. We will have a look at it. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DominicanCreations
I am running your one page checkout module. I have been getting complaints that it takes very long for the page to load. My site runs very fast when I disable your module and use the regular x-cart checkout procedure. There is a constant spinning wheel and finally the page loads. I have heard there are issues with your module in this respect. Is there a way to solve this problem? Is there a bug fix or update?

Eric

Old 04-09-2011, 09:14 PM

eXpert

We're looking to purchase a one page checkout for our store but we are very cautious about encrypted code that may one day get in the way of future modifications/enhancements to the checkout. While we understand the need for software protection, what is likely to happen when one day Mercury Minds decides to close shop? It could leave many store owners high and dry with little or no alternative but to ditch the checkout module for another checkout module and wear the cost of doing so.

I don't expect Mercury Minds, or any other 3rd party developer, to remain in business forever (just in the event I may want to do something different to the checkout), however, I would like to have some ability to make necessary changes to the checkout without worrying about the developers' very existence and their encrypted code.

So my question is this; What flexibility do we have, as store owners, to change and modify the operations, as well as the look and feel, of the one page checkout without having to rely on Mercury Minds to carry out those changes for us? And if we need to employ a 3rd party developer to make those changes, are there likely to be issues that could prevent them from successfully carrying out their work?

I'm sorry for the long-winded statement/question but I need to know what I'm getting myself into, not just in the short term but in the long term as well.

The following user thanks Online Michael for this useful post:
Dongan (04-10-2011)
Old 04-10-2011, 08:08 PM

X-Wizard

Hi,

We understand your concerns.

Yes. The files are encrypted. At the same time, the license verification will never call back to our server. As long as your server has Ioncube loader, it does well.

Regarding making design changes, all are smarty/template files. You can change it yourself.

If you want to enhance the features, there are two things here.
  • If you want to add/work on other sections & make sure it is supported, say example, you are implementing a new payment method, it will be automatically supported by our module since it is tightly integrated with X-Cart checkout process.
  • If you want to enhance the core feature of the current module, here it is limited.
In this case, you may need a developer license. Unfortunately, it is not supported by us currently. But, we are considering this licensing model down the line in 4-6 months time.

You can drop us an email at sales@mercuryminds.com in case of further queries. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Online Michael
We're looking to purchase a one page checkout for our store but we are very cautious about encrypted code that may one day get in the way of future modifications/enhancements to the checkout. While we understand the need for software protection, what is likely to happen when one day Mercury Minds decides to close shop? It could leave many store owners high and dry with little or no alternative but to ditch the checkout module for another checkout module and wear the cost of doing so.

I don't expect Mercury Minds, or any other 3rd party developer, to remain in business forever (just in the event I may want to do something different to the checkout), however, I would like to have some ability to make necessary changes to the checkout without worrying about the developers' very existence and their encrypted code.

So my question is this; What flexibility do we have, as store owners, to change and modify the operations, as well as the look and feel, of the one page checkout without having to rely on Mercury Minds to carry out those changes for us? And if we need to employ a 3rd party developer to make those changes, are there likely to be issues that could prevent them from successfully carrying out their work?

I'm sorry for the long-winded statement/question but I need to know what I'm getting myself into, not just in the short term but in the long term as well.
Old 04-13-2011, 11:12 AM

eXpert

Asked several times to fix the errors in the mod they did for me. But Dongan disappeared, no answers to emails, no acknowledgment of email receipts.

The following user thanks alru111 for this useful post:
Dongan (04-13-2011)
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4