Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

X-Cart Smart Template v4.4.x

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4

Old 12-11-2010, 12:47 AM

eXpert

Default Re: X-Cart Smart Template v4.4.x

Hi Dan,

We are using the slider that now comes with the template.

That does look good, and no issues with anything else either.

We got it working fine, but nothing else did, even on a test site
BCSE Global Product Options
BCSE Stock Notify
CDSEO Pro
MM OPC - Gave up with it
Altered Cart OPC
XMobile
Powered by EWD

Ver 4.4.4 Gold
Ability
BCSE Pre Order
BCSE Global Product Options
BCSE Stock Notify
CDSEO Pro
Altered Cart OPC
XMobile
Powered by EWD
Old 12-11-2010, 06:41 AM

Advanced Member

Thanks for the info, candc. Would love to see an example of the slider.

Except for the smart template news ticker, our installation of fpss seems to be without issues, but time will tell.

Phil, thank you for sending the slider file by email. I will set it up and have it ready in the event I have issues with fpss.
Old 12-11-2010, 08:15 AM

Phil, is there anyway that you know of (or anyone else here) to have the product details, customer reviews, related products, and custom tab, etc... to all be on a single tab setup? The goal is that my product details can be lengthy and to see the customer reviews or other tabs, they have to scroll down the page. I'd like to keep them from having to scroll.
Thanks!
Old 12-11-2010, 10:00 AM

X-Guru

Masada, yes, the latest version of the template enables you to put the product descriptions in the first product tab. I'll email you the details on how to do it.
Old 12-12-2010, 09:45 PM

eXpert

How do I modify welcome_txt and the panel labels?

The answer is probably obvious to others, but it's not in this thread and not in http://www.xcartmods.co.uk/demos/smart/install/install.html. The manual and an entry here says to use webmaster mode, which I tried about six times. I've cleared template cache, cleared cookies and session. My changes are never saved.

Forgive me as I just installed Xcart a week ago and it's a massive project for one person.
BCSE PayPal DPM
CDSEO Pro 2.1.8
BCSE Drop Shipper Pro
Google Rich Snippets
Time and money-saving tips I've learned as a webstore owner at http://ShoppingCart-Program.com
Old 12-12-2010, 11:55 PM

eXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. G
How do I modify welcome_txt and the panel labels?

The answer is probably obvious to others, but it's not in this thread and not in http://www.xcartmods.co.uk/demos/smart/install/install.html. The manual and an entry here says to use webmaster mode, which I tried about six times. I've cleared template cache, cleared cookies and session. My changes are never saved.

Forgive me as I just installed Xcart a week ago and it's a massive project for one person.

Hello

If you just want to modify the text in the front page go to Admin/content/lenguages

and look for the variable "txt_welcome"

Blessing
Saul

www.uncionmusic.com

The following 2 users thank josebueso for this useful post:
Mr. G (12-13-2010), PhilJ (12-13-2010)
Old 12-13-2010, 12:08 AM

eXpert

Yes! That's it. I'd been on this page many times, and saw a list of countries and just thought therefore that it was something different: language files for different languages/country files only... duh? I didn't realize to enter in "txt_welcome" in the Apply Filter part.
BCSE PayPal DPM
CDSEO Pro 2.1.8
BCSE Drop Shipper Pro
Google Rich Snippets
Time and money-saving tips I've learned as a webstore owner at http://ShoppingCart-Program.com
Old 12-15-2010, 07:49 PM

eXpert

Thumbs up Re: X-Cart Smart Template v4.4.x

Before I go into how awesome of a template this is (and it is, indeed, the best template I have ever seen or used), I have a couple of questions. Okay, a few questions (have a newborn baby and my brain is mush).

1.) What happens when the countdown reaches it target? For instance, we have "Christmas is coming!", do I have to get on and disable the countdown on Christmas or will it disable itself?

2.) Do I need to regenerate the product and news RSS each time I add/delete? Assuming so since there's a regenerate button, but I like to cover the bases.

3.) More of a comment/wishlist of sorts here... The Smart Comments will not accept an email address with a hyphen. Is this fixable or could it be added for the next revision?

4.) Call me a moron, but my "submit comment" button begins to load with the page and then disappears. Any ideas?

5.) Out of laziness I will ask about my special offer images overlapping... I think this is due to my images being too large (I am using the liquid template which has more than enough room for them), would this cause the two images to overlap? Tomorrow I will resize them and see how they look, but I couldn't wait to share with others about how great the template is, so I am tossing that last question in now.

Onto the mushy stuff.....

I would llike to say that in the year and a half that I have used xCart I have purchased four different templates and still felt like the site "wasn't getting it". Needless to say, I have invested a ton of money in themes, and am absolutely speechless with this template. It is bold & striking, comes with all the bells and whistles, right down to very specific, clear installation instructions. I am so impressed, what else can I say? I could say you are not charging enough for it, which would be true, but potential purchasers would probably hunt me down and hurt me - eventhough they would probably be just as happy with the template as I am, after paying double the price it is now.

As for Phil & Support - My Goodness, he is wonderful! You will not be disappointed, if you need support. The instructions are such that you probably wont. Trust me on this, if you can't tell from reading this post, I like to get to the bottom of things, and I have checked this template out from one end to the other and the only questions I have are listed above, all of which I could probably figure out had I not wanted to brag on this template so badly.

May your theme and accompanying instructions be an inspiration to other developers!

YOU ROCK!

2-12-14 FOR SALE
Old 12-16-2010, 06:14 AM

X-Guru

Jeanne, thank you so much for your kind words, many congratulations on your newborn too
Quote:
1.) What happens when the countdown reaches it target? For instance, we have "Christmas is coming!", do I have to get on and disable the countdown on Christmas or will it disable itself?
It will show all zeros, so you'd have to either disable it, or create a new countdown event.
Quote:
2.) Do I need to regenerate the product and news RSS each time I add/delete? Assuming so since there's a regenerate button, but I like to cover the bases.
Yes, products and news feeds are generated manually.
Quote:
3.) More of a comment/wishlist of sorts here... The Smart Comments will not accept an email address with a hyphen. Is this fixable or could it be added for the next revision?
skin/common_files/modules/Smart_Comments/classes/reply.class.php
Replace...
Code:
if(!preg_match("/^[^0-9][A-z0-9_]+([.][A-z0-9_]+)*[@][A-z0-9_]+([.][A-z0-9_]+)*[.][A-z]{2,4}$/", $email)) { $this->action['result'] = 'error'; array_push($text,'Invalid email address!'); }
With...
Code:
if(!preg_match("/^[^0-9][A-z0-9_-]+([.][A-z0-9_-]+)*[@][A-z0-9_-]+([.][A-z0-9_-]+)*[.][A-z]{2,4}$/", $email)) { $this->action['result'] = 'error'; array_push($text,'Invalid email address!'); }
Quote:
4.) Call me a moron, but my "submit comment" button begins to load with the page and then disappears. Any ideas?

That's probably down to the javascript used to render rounded corners in IE.
I will try and fix that, but in the meantime you can comment out the code in red below in skin/common_files/customer/service_css.tpl

Code:
<style type="text/css"> .comments .text, .comments .info a.comment-reply, #cancel-comment-reply a, #respond #submit, .pagination a.number { behavior: url({/literal}{$SkinDir}{literal}/modules/Smart_Comments/css/pie.htc); } </style>

While you're there, this fixes an issue if you have clean URLs enabled...
Replace...
Code:
<form action="?'.$_SERVER['QUERY_STRING'].'" method="post" name="comment" onsubmit="VF_comment();return false;">
With...
Code:
<form action="'.$_SERVER['QUERY_STRING'].'" method="post" name="comment" onsubmit="VF_comment();return false;">
Quote:
5.) Out of laziness I will ask about my special offer images overlapping... I think this is due to my images being too large (I am using the liquid template which has more than enough room for them), would this cause the two images to overlap?

If you're having trouble with thumbnail sizes, try this...
http://forum.x-cart.com/showpost.php?p=304007&postcount=78

If your thumbnails are overlapping the columns, look for this code in skin/smart_template/custom/css/common.css

Code:
ul.row_view li .product_block .thumbcol { float: left; width: 135px; /* Image Column Width */ } ul.row_view li .product_block .thumbcol img { margin: 0 0 10px 0; } ul.row_view li .product_block p.desc { margin-top: 0; margin-left: 135px; /* Image Column Width */ } ul.row_view li .product_block p.details { margin-left: 135px; /* Image Column Width */ }

I really appreciate your comments, thank you
Old 12-17-2010, 08:17 AM

eXpert

Quote:
Jeanne, thank you so much for your kind words, many congratulations on your newborn too

TY! TY! She has been a blessing.

Quote:
It will show all zeros, so you'd have to either disable it, or create a new countdown event.

We'll put that on the wishlist - a configurable message or where it automatically turns off.

Quote:
Yes, products and news feeds are generated manually.[q/uote]

Thought so but had to ask. Thanks!

Quote:
Replace...
Code:
if(!preg_match("/^[^0-9][A-z0-9_]+([.][A-z0-9_]+)*[@][A-z0-9_]+([.][A-z0-9_]+)*[.][A-z]{2,4}$/", $email)) { $this->action['result'] = 'error'; array_push($text,'Invalid email address!'); }
With...
Code:
if(!preg_match("/^[^0-9][A-z0-9_-]+([.][A-z0-9_-]+)*[@][A-z0-9_-]+([.][A-z0-9_-]+)*[.][A-z]{2,4}$/", $email)) { $this->action['result'] = 'error'; array_push($text,'Invalid email address!'); }

Too cool! You have a fix for this!

Quote:
That's probably down to the javascript used to render rounded corners in IE.
I will try and fix that, but in the meantime you can comment out the code in red below in skin/common_files/customer/service_css.tpl

Code:
<style type="text/css"> .comments .text, .comments .info a.comment-reply, #cancel-comment-reply a, #respond #submit, .pagination a.number { behavior: url({/literal}{$SkinDir}{literal}/modules/Smart_Comments/css/pie.htc); } </style>

Worked like a charm!

Quote:
While you're there, this fixes an issue if you have clean URLs enabled...
Replace...
Code:
<form action="?'.$_SERVER['QUERY_STRING'].'" method="post" name="comment" onsubmit="VF_comment();return false;">
With...
Code:
<form action="'.$_SERVER['QUERY_STRING'].'" method="post" name="comment" onsubmit="VF_comment();return false;">
Got that one. =)

Quote:
If you're having trouble with thumbnail sizes, try this...
http://forum.x-cart.com/showpost.php?p=304007&postcount=78

If your thumbnails are overlapping the columns, look for this code in skin/smart_template/custom/css/common.css

Code:
ul.row_view li .product_block .thumbcol { float: left; width: 135px; /* Image Column Width */ } ul.row_view li .product_block .thumbcol img { margin: 0 0 10px 0; } ul.row_view li .product_block p.desc { margin-top: 0; margin-left: 135px; /* Image Column Width */ } ul.row_view li .product_block p.details { margin-left: 135px; /* Image Column Width */ }

I really appreciate your comments, thank you

Will check out the other thread, they're not overlapping the columns, they are overlapping each other in the special offer box at the top of theme.

Have a couple other questions (yeah, I sit around and think of things to ask, lol), will put them into another thread.

Again, many thanks, I will be your biggest referrer!

2-12-14 FOR SALE
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4