Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

CDSEO Pro - Complete SEO Solution - Custom Urls, Page Titles, Meta Data, Link Anchors

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4

Old 05-12-2010, 04:16 AM

Default Re: CDSEO Pro - Complete SEO Solution - Custom Urls, Page Titles, Meta Data, Link Anchors

Hi Jon.

Does CDSEO replace http headers?
I tried to add 'Expires' field for my images (in image.php), but there is no changes in response headers.
Old 05-12-2010, 07:17 AM

X-Guru

Default Re: CDSEO Pro - Complete SEO Solution - Custom Urls, Page Titles, Meta Data, Link Anchors

No, typically you want to serve your images from a file system and then set cache control headers via .htaccess with code such as:

Code:
<FilesMatch ".(flv|gif|jpg|jpeg|png|ico|swf|js|css|pdf|txt)$"> Header set Cache-Control "max-age=31536000" </FilesMatch>
Old 05-12-2010, 11:03 AM

Thanks, it works.
Old 05-18-2010, 09:30 AM

Advanced Member

Importing of products is problematic as described here:

http://forum.x-cart.com/showthread.php?t=53339

No solution yet offered.
Old 05-18-2010, 09:44 AM

X-Guru

Importing/Exporting has not been reported previously as an issue, thanks for bringing that other thread to my attention. The error message would indicate that the file is corrupting on transfer or opening, so the seperation of the fields is running together. Please provide the .csv for review and let me know what CDSEO version you are running.
Old 05-18-2010, 11:00 AM

Advanced Member

Thanks for the quick reply. Version is 1.3.6.

I exported a CSV file first, made some changes, and then tried re-importing a single test row (options: import, local, products). It keeps giving me an error message saying the following:

"Updating ID->239 product . . . bla . . . bla . . . bla URL->bla . . . bla . . . bla
Error: Invalid CDSEO Type Specified"

My CSV (txt) file is very simple with following header rows:

cdseoReplaceID cdseoType cdseoTitle cdseoLinkTitle cdseoUrl cdseoKeyword cdseoDescription cdseoDisabledUrl
< one row of data . . . >

cdseoType is product

I must be missing something - but I've tried several different approaches . . . . have successfully imported/exported in x-cart quite a bit, but can't seem to get this to work. Appreciate your help.
Old 06-09-2010, 03:25 AM

I am new to x-cart and i would like to get a SEO addon for my site. After reviewing CDSEO website i notice most of the feature you stated are already in the version of x-cart i have. How will this program benefit my site with version 4.3.1? Can it edit the H1 and H2 heading on my pages? I notice H1 heading is on "Cart" (Shopping Cart) how is that doing me any good?

Maybe i need to hire qualiteam to do the work?
Old 06-09-2010, 03:37 AM

X-Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wulfe
I am new to x-cart and i would like to get a SEO addon for my site. After reviewing CDSEO website i notice most of the feature you stated are already in the version of x-cart i have. How will this program benefit my site with version 4.3.1? Can it edit the H1 and H2 heading on my pages? I notice H1 heading is on "Cart" (Shopping Cart) how is that doing me any good?

Maybe i need to hire qualiteam to do the work?

You can check the comparison chart here.
Personally I would not be without Websitecm's CDSEO Pro, it was one of the best investments we have made without a doubt, and you can not ask for a better company to do business with.

"If you don't keep an eye on your business, someone else will."
Old 06-09-2010, 03:46 AM

Thanks for the reply Photo, I did not notice the comparison link. CDSEO definitely does a lot more than the competitors. But does it allow you to change your H1 and H2 headings?
Old 06-09-2010, 03:54 AM

Nevermind, i am stupid.. i figure it out
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4