Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Categories Title Background

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design

Old 04-23-2005, 06:35 PM

Default Categories Title Background

I have searched these forums and and all the tutorials I could find for two weeks now and still can't figure out how to change the background color of the Categories title box to match the rest of the modules on the home page. Changing the color on the skin1.css~>VertMenuTitle seems to only change all of the rest of the title boxes. The Categories title box seems to be transparent, because when the color of the DialogBox is changed, this title box assumes the same color. I was told by tech support to edit the customer/categories.tpl and have tried to change or add the color in several places to no avail. I am new to X-cart and would appreciate some detailed instructions for accomplishing this task. You can view my dilemma at www.outdoorgearshop.com
Thanks in advance for any help

BJ
Old 04-24-2005, 05:16 AM

Veteran

That is because you seem to have overridden the style associated with the category box. I viewed the code from your home page, and he category box for Categories has a border of 1px, white, which is of course transparent. You also have the style of the cell containing the title set as VertMenuItems instead of VertMenuTitle.
Old 04-24-2005, 08:03 AM

The only thing I have changed on that template was the font color of the Titles for the tables. Everything else is as it was from the start. I even wrote on paper the original color codes before trying to change the Categories title background, and changed them back when they didn't work. Here is the template:
{* $Id: categories.tpl,v 1.23 2004/06/24 09:53:29 max Exp $ *}
{if $active_modules.Fancy_Categories ne ""}
{include file="`$fancycategories_config.modules_path`/fancy_categories.tpl"}
{else}
<table border="1" cellpadding="4" style="border-collapse: collapse" bordercolor="#FFFFFF" width="100%" cellspacing="0">
<tr>
<td height="30" class="VertMenuItems" valign="bottom"><font size="2">{$lng.lbl_categories}</font></td>
</tr>
{if $config.General.root_categories eq "Y"}
{section name=cat_num loop=$categories}
<tr><td class="VertMenuTitle">
{$categories[cat_num].category}

</td></tr>
{/section}
{else} {section name=cat_num loop=$subcategories}
<tr><td class="VertMenuTitle">
{$subcategories[cat_num].category}

</td></tr>
{/section}
{/if}
</table>
{/if}

Tech support would do it for me, but I wouldn't learn anything from that. Thanks for your reply
Old 04-24-2005, 10:48 AM

Veteran

That does not look like the default 4.0.13 template. Do you have an add-on skin that you used?
Old 04-24-2005, 12:14 PM

No addons. Just the way it was when it was set up. That's why I didn't understand the background in the Categories title box was different from the rest, or why it would be transparent and take on the background of the DialogBox color. I can change the little 1px border color, but haven't figured out how to remove the tranpsarent background and choose the color for it that I want
Old 04-24-2005, 12:35 PM

Veteran

4.0.13 Gold? This is the template I have for categories.tpl in 4.0.13 gold:

Code:
{* $Id: categories.tpl,v 1.23 2004/06/24 09:53:29 max Exp $ *} {capture name=menu} {if $active_modules.Fancy_Categories ne ""} {include file="`$fancycategories_config.modules_path`/fancy_categories.tpl"} {else} {if $config.General.root_categories eq "Y"} {section name=cat_num loop=$categories} <FONT class="CategoriesList">{$categories[cat_num].category}</FONT> {/section} {else} {section name=cat_num loop=$subcategories} <FONT class="CategoriesList">{$subcategories[cat_num].category}</FONT> {/section} {/if} {/if} {/capture} { include file="menu.tpl" dingbats="dingbats_categorie.gif" menu_title=$lng.lbl_categories menu_content=$smarty.capture.menu }
Old 04-24-2005, 12:48 PM

I doubt its Gold version. My site is hosted by FinestShops. Thanks for posting your template. I will be able to compare them
Old 04-24-2005, 01:05 PM

Thanks Padraic! That worked like a charm. It did away with my category buttons, but they were ugly anyway LOL I'll just try to increase the size of the text links. Thanks for helping out another newbie
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design