Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Email Reminder for Buyers to write a review?

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 5 > Dev Questions (X-Cart 5)

Old 02-19-2016, 09:16 AM

eXpert

Default Email Reminder for Buyers to write a review?

Is there anyway in X-cart 5 to send reminders to people who purchased a product (or multiple products) to write a review on their purchases?
2GB ECC DDR3 1600MHz
2x Intel E5-2630L v2 Hex Core 2.4/2.8ghz
15 MB proc cache
60 GB 10k RPM hdd
PHP 7.0.15
MariaDB 10.1.21 with InnoDB engine
Old 02-19-2016, 10:23 AM

X-Cart team

Default Re: Email Reminder for Buyers to write a review?

Check this one http://www.x-cart.com/extensions/addons/customer-satisfaction.html
Old 02-19-2016, 11:02 AM

eXpert

Thanks. Little confused on why there is a limited time for upgrades. It is sold by xcart but what if a future update makes it not work on day 366? Do I have to pay another 100 because xcart decided to break it?

Edit:
This doesn't do what I want it to do. I am looking for reviews on the product they bought, not reviews on the website as an internal survey.

http://www.x-cart.com/extensions/addons/product-reviews.html - This is what I have. I want it to email them a reminder to review the products they bought (which should be a standard feature in it, since most other cart software does this).
2GB ECC DDR3 1600MHz
15 MB proc cache
60 GB 10k RPM hdd
PHP 7.0.15
Old 02-19-2016, 01:40 PM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlasPak
Thanks. Little confused on why there is a limited time for upgrades. It is sold by xcart but what if a future update makes it not work on day 366? Do I have to pay another 100 because xcart decided to break it?
Your store will not break once the year of free updates expires.
You just will not be able to upgrade your cart further, that's it.
Old 02-19-2016, 03:44 PM

eXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by razortw
Your store will not break once the year of free updates expires.
You just will not be able to upgrade your cart further, that's it.

This module doesn't do what I need anyway. I edited the post for clarification.
2GB ECC DDR3 1600MHz
15 MB proc cache
60 GB 10k RPM hdd
PHP 7.0.15
Old 02-19-2016, 11:05 PM

X-Wizard

There is no module out right now for what you are asking, even though it was standard in XC4. However, since customer interaction is quite important, I requested and paid for X-Cart to create a custom module for us. Our's works with the loyalty point system, we issue "x" number of points on a product review, it sends the email out in "y" number of days after the order was placed. I can say that since I implemented it, our product reviews have surged and this gives us quite a big advantage over our competition. I think if you request a quote for this, it should be reasonably priced considering it has already been developed on our behalf - they won't have to actually make it again. Make no mistake - potential customers definitely like it when they see reviews by previous customers.
Apache 2.4
CENTOS 7.8 64Bit Single Quad-Core E3-1241v3 3.4Ghz 8M 1600 w/ HT
32GB RAM 2x 512GB Samsung 850 Pro SSD RAID 1
Old 02-20-2016, 07:19 AM

eXpert

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinrm
There is no module out right now for what you are asking, even though it was standard in XC4. However, since customer interaction is quite important, I requested and paid for X-Cart to create a custom module for us. Our's works with the loyalty point system, we issue "x" number of points on a product review, it sends the email out in "y" number of days after the order was placed. I can say that since I implemented it, our product reviews have surged and this gives us quite a big advantage over our competition. I think if you request a quote for this, it should be reasonably priced considering it has already been developed on our behalf - they won't have to actually make it again. Make no mistake - potential customers definitely like it when they see reviews by previous customers.

Thanks will look into this. Kinda making me upset that they have removed some standard functionality and want to charge extra for it now. This isnt the first time this has happened and starting to question my decision to go with xcart business over other cart solutions.
2GB ECC DDR3 1600MHz
15 MB proc cache
60 GB 10k RPM hdd
PHP 7.0.15
Old 02-20-2016, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinrm

I am interested in this module, may I know the xcart task number of your custom module ? to use it how reference to xcart deployment the same in my store ? thank you
Old 02-20-2016, 01:52 PM

X-Guru

I recommend http://www.yotpo.com/ for anyone who has the budget for it. Far superior to any module available.
Old 02-20-2016, 07:25 PM

X-Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlasPak
Thanks will look into this. Kinda making me upset that they have removed some standard functionality and want to charge extra for it now. This isnt the first time this has happened and starting to question my decision to go with xcart business over other cart solutions.

I wholeheartedly agree with you on your sentiments. I also had to have a custom module made that would make the cart default to the customer's country based on the Geolocation and Multicurrency modules - something that came standard in XC4.

That said, it is what it is and if I had waited for them to create these features for these modules I would have lost thousands of dollars in sales. The moment I implemented automatic currency detection my sales increased significantly. Likewise, the moment I implemented the custom review reminder w/ loyalty points, my reviews came in fast and furious. Even though I had to pay for these used-to-be-standard customizations, I have easily recouped my investment already many times over. Should they have kept al the same features? Yes. I am going to lose money over it by waiting and hoping they will do it first? No.

Regarding the review reminder, I don't see a task #, but it was order #247151, developed by Alexey Sakharov. This one took a few tweaks to get it right but the module now works perfectly. This was developed for XC 5.2.10 but it had zero problems with the upgrade to 5.2.13. A review reminder is a total win-win, I do recommend that.
Apache 2.4
CENTOS 7.8 64Bit Single Quad-Core E3-1241v3 3.4Ghz 8M 1600 w/ HT
32GB RAM 2x 512GB Samsung 850 Pro SSD RAID 1
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 5 > Dev Questions (X-Cart 5)