Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

New Static PHP Page with mySql Query

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design

Old 08-19-2013, 12:48 PM

Default New Static PHP Page with mySql Query

Hello,

I am working on creating a new php static page for the xcart instance I am building. The goal of this page is to dynamically display the current flat rate shipping charges available.

So far the page looks nice and the sql query works, it just displays either above or below the entire page. How do I get the sql query output to display in the center area that it should? (where content is normally displayed... products, static page text.. etc)

This is the code I have so far, the included php file for shiprates.php is the sql query.

Code:
<?php require './auth.php'; include $xcart_dir . '/include/common.php'; include './shiprate.php'; $smarty->assign('meta_page_type', 'C'); $smarty->assign('meta_page_id', $cat); $smarty->assign('location', $location); if ( isset($is_ajax_request) || isset($open_in_layer) ) { $smarty->assign('template_name', 'customer/main/pages.tpl'); func_display('customer/help/popup_info.tpl', $smarty); } else { func_display('customer/home.tpl', $smarty); } ?>

I'm pretty new to coding in x-cart and this is my first complete page creation.

Thanks!
Old 08-19-2013, 04:08 PM

X-Wizard

Default Re: New Static PHP Page with mySql Query

I think we're missing the code that builds and assigns the list of methods (shiprate.php). You can use something like foreach in Smarty to loop through the list of rates wherever you need it on the tpl.

If it's just another Static Page then create the new page, add your code to pages.php, enable "parse smarty tags on static pages", then add your smarty code where you want it on the static page. You shouldn't need to build a stand-alone page unless you really want to.
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design