Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

need to change color of "Welcome (customer)"

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design

Old 03-08-2007, 11:45 AM

Advanced Member

Default edit: need two groups of categories

Edit: My first question was quickly answered. I'm hoping someone can help me with my second, more complicated problem.

I've been digging around trying to find a way to change the text color of the "Welcome (customer name)" message at the top of the front aka "featured" page.-FIXED

While I'm at it, I'd like customers to browse by two types of categories-- either format or theme. In this case, I'm selling books. I'd like one group of categories to allow customers to browse based on format: print, ebook format 1, ebookformat 2, etc. In the other group of categories I'd like them to be able to browse by genre: horror, fantasy, and so on. Any suggestions (or links to threads) on the best way to accomplish that?

XCart Gold 4.1.8
3 tier flyout menu
Download Expander
Old 03-08-2007, 01:49 PM

X-Guru

Default Re: need to change color of "Welcome (customer)"

Hi Preston,

You are looking to edit the template, /skin1/customer/main/welcome.tpl

You'll see this code:
Code:
{if ($active_modules.Greet_Visitor ne "") and ($smarty.cookies.GreetingCookie ne "") and $logout_user eq ''} {assign var="_name" value=$smarty.cookies.GreetingCookie|replace:"\'":"'"} <h3>{$lng.lbl_welcome_back|substitute:"name":$_name} </h3> {elseif $lng.lbl_site_title} <h3>{$lng.lbl_welcome_to|substitute:"company":$lng.lbl_site_title}</h3> {else} <h3>{$lng.lbl_welcome_to|substitute:"company":$config.Company.company_name}</h3> {/if} {$lng.txt_welcome}
You may want to assign a new class (I would use a div) - or use the h3 tag... and edit the h3 tag in your CSS (or make a new class and call it from a div.

Clear? if you know html, this will be easy. Let us know if you need help.
Old 03-08-2007, 02:09 PM

Advanced Member

You're an awesome person, carpeperdiem. That did the trick!

Anyone have ideas on my other problem? I'd even settle for a module. Someone else (who doesn't know anything about X-cart) suggested that a "tag" system would be even better than static categories.

XCart Gold 4.1.8
3 tier flyout menu
Download Expander
Old 03-08-2007, 02:20 PM

X-Guru

Quote:
I'd like one group of categories to allow customers to browse based on format: print, ebook format 1, ebookformat 2, etc. In the other group of categories I'd like them to be able to browse by genre

Don't know if this will help you -- you know that you can assign products to more than one category?

So you can assign a book to it's "primary" category (genre?) and then also asisgn it to its format category...

If customer selects "genre" category, it's there. If they select "format" category, it's there. You can also make sub-cats and go pretty deep...

Where your request gets compliated is sub-category searches... that is, find all non-fiction ebook format1... there are some mods out there that may address this...

anyone?
Old 03-09-2007, 11:55 AM

Advanced Member

Yeah, I'd been thinking about the secondary category and how that might be employed. The trick (I think) is grouping the categories together. I'd prefer one box with the list of genres followed by a space then the list of formats. Barring that, two separate boxes would be okay. I suspect I need a mod.

XCart Gold 4.1.8
3 tier flyout menu
Download Expander
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design