Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Remove Sub-Cat Listing After the First Category Result Page

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design

Old 02-21-2006, 06:03 PM

Default Remove Sub-Cat Listing After the First Category Result Page

Howdy,

When users click on a category that has a bunch of sub-categories the center column will display a listing of all sub catagories and, below the sub-cat listing, will show the products that have been assigned to parent catagory. The number of products overflow to mulitiple result pages for the parent category.

When users go to the next result page they still see the sub-category listing on top.

I'd like to remove the sub-category listing for parent category result pages after the first page.

Thanks,
Vik
Los Angeles

---
X-Cart 4.0.14 [linux]
Old 02-21-2006, 09:41 PM

X-Wizard

try to edit skin1/customer/main/subcategory.tpl file.
Old 02-22-2006, 02:56 PM

Thanks for the tip Dongan. I suspected that skin1/customer/main/subcategory.tpl is where the mod would take place. I'm just not sure what to do.

I suspect it has something to do with not showing the subcat listing if the result page is past the first page. I'm just not sure how to do it or what to look for.
Old 02-23-2006, 05:10 AM

X-Guru

this is what checks to see if its the first page or not

Code:
{if ($navigation_page eq "")||($navigation_page eq "1")}

EWD Hosting
Hands On Hosting
Old 02-23-2006, 09:14 AM

Thanks Shan (for this and all your other contributions).

I'm trying to get my head around how I could apply that statement to the problem.

Just to refresh, the goal is to have this sub-cat mod function only on the first result page.

Here is my skin1/customer/main/subcategories.tpl

Code:
{* $Id: subcategories.tpl,v 1.43.2.5 2004/12/01 15:15:49 mclap Exp $ *} {if $active_modules.Bestsellers ne "" and $config.Modules.bestsellers_menu ne "Y"} {include file="modules/Bestsellers/bestsellers.tpl"} {/if} {if $active_modules.Special_Offers} {include file="modules/Special_Offers/customer/category_offers_short_list.tpl} {/if} [b]{if ($navigation_page eq "")||($navigation_page eq "1")}[/b]{$current_category.description|regex_replace:"/[\n]/":" "} {/if} {capture name=dialog} {assign var="tmp" value="0"} {section name=cat_num loop=$subcategories} {if $subcategories[cat_num].category}{assign var="tmp" value="1"}{/if} {/section} {* ==================== Sub categories mod start *} {section name=cat_num loop=$subcategories} { if %cat_num.first% } <table width="100%" border="0" align="center" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0"> {/if} { if %cat_num.index% is div by 3} <tr> {/if} <td align="center" valign="top"> <a href="home.php?cat={ $subcategories[cat_num].categoryid }"> [img]{$xcart_web_dir}/icon.php?categoryid={$subcategories[cat_num].categoryid}[/img]</a> <a href="home.php?cat={ $subcategories[cat_num].categoryid }"> <font size="2">{ $subcategories[cat_num].category|escape }</font></a> { $subcategories[cat_num].description|escape } {if $config.Appearance.count_products eq "Y"} {if $subcategories[cat_num].product_count} ({ $subcategories[cat_num].product_count } Products) {elseif $subcategories[cat_num].subcategory_count} ({ $subcategories[cat_num].subcategory_count } Subcategories) {/if} {/if} </td> { if %cat_num.last% } </tr> </table> {/if} {/section} {* ==================== Sub categories mod end *} {if $tmp and $products ne "" } <BR clear="left"> <HR size="1" noshade> {/if} {if $products} {if $sort_fields} <DIV align="right">{include file="main/search_sort_by.tpl" sort_fields=$sort_fields selected=$search_prefilled.sort_field direction=$search_prefilled.sort_direction url="home.php?cat=`$cat`&"}</DIV> {/if} {if $total_pages gt 2} { include file="customer/main/navigation.tpl" } {/if} <HR size="1" width="100%"> {include file="customer/main/products.tpl" products=$products} {/if} {if $products eq "" and $tmp eq "0"} {$lng.txt_no_products_in_cat} {/if} {/capture} {include file="dialog.tpl" title=$current_category.category content=$smarty.capture.dialog extra="width=100%"} {if $products eq ""} {if $f_products ne ""} {include file="customer/main/featured.tpl"} {/if} {/if} { include file="customer/main/navigation.tpl" }

Would the statement you highlighted have to be reused or would it be possible to modify it to achieve the task?
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design