Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

NO chance to integrate javascript. Why?

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design

Old 02-19-2012, 09:48 AM

Exclamation NO chance to integrate javascript. Why?

Hy to all,
I have a big problem with the X-Cart I want to edit. At first I wanted to build in a JS driven xml slider (Nivo-slider). I have learned the {literal}, the way how to insert it and where I could put it when I want it only on certain pages. The js and css files were loaded directly into the <head> and the container <div> to the <body>, the JS was complete but the content was not loaded into the container <div>.
At second I wanted to implement the Facebook comments, and there was the same. The js was okay, the < fb:comments> container was on place but it was empty. On the administration area I have found the Socialize module and was like 'oh god, thanks for this, all my problems are solved', so I turned it on, went to the frontend and after a refresh there wasnt anything (this time the rating stars were also disappeared...).
Im stuck with this problem. I havent got any idea why these are not working. I use the 3-column layout template without any huge modifications (mostly I have customized the css).
Can somebody help me please?
Thank you forwards!

Laszlo Horvath
Old 02-19-2012, 10:49 AM

Veteran

Default Re: NO chance to integrate javascript. Why?

The socialize mod is showing on the site in your signature. I see FB, G+, addthis
Old 02-19-2012, 10:58 AM

On the detailed product page of my site, the Facebook/G+/AddThis was pasted by me, not by the Socialize mod. But the AddThis insertion can't be the bad guy, because I have deleted it and still after this was all the same. So what I just wanted to say is, I'm sure that my problems arent caused by the AddThis code.
Old 02-23-2012, 02:59 AM

Okay, I got help from the customer service. The solution was to call the javascripts in the service_js.tpl at the end. The main problem was that I've called the scripts BEFORE the jQuery library was loaded and so they were not working.

For the Socialize mod:
I use a Facebook FanBox on the site and it calls his own Facebook API js that was conflicting with the js that is called by the Facebook comments plugin.
So I put the js of my FanBox in if statement and It now not oaded where the Socialize mod is active.
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design