Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Menu Background

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design

Old 10-31-2003, 05:47 AM

Default Menu Background

Ok I did a search here and didn't find exactly what I needed. What I need to do is replace the blue bar for menu items (already has a background image on it) with a new graphic to split the menu's up. Now here is where i'm running into the problem I get the new image in place as the background then the little corner image is drawn and it puts the corner section of my background image in there again. So I end up with a small corner section the the actual image starting over again. Can SOMEONE please tell me how to stop this madness lol? Seriously I appreciate any help you guys can give me.
Mention the forums for a discounted package!
Old 11-01-2003, 07:32 PM

Advanced Member

I would love to help, but I'm having trouble understanding what the problem is

Is it possible for you to include a link to the problem?

No hamsters were harmed during the making of this sig. Several were seriously offended.
Old 11-02-2003, 06:05 AM

I put the images back to normal when I couldn't come to a solution. I will see if I can somewhat illustrate it here if not I will put the images and code back and grab a screenshot.

Say you have an image with rounded corners at the left and right like so:

/---------------------------\

Now whats happening is this

/------/----------------------

Between the first rounded corner and the second (non wanted) rounded corner is where the menu icon is placed. Please let me know if this helps explain it better or if I should just grab a screen cap for you to see.

Thank you
Mention the forums for a discounted package!
Old 11-02-2003, 04:18 PM

Advanced Member

hmm..

I think the problem is in menu.tpl at least in 3.4.2

The code is like this:

Code:
<TR> {if $link_href} <TD class=VertMenuTitle height=26 valign=center width=80%><a href="{$link_href}"> HERE's YOUR PROBLEM -----> <font class=VertMenuTitle>{$menu_title} </font></a></TD> {else} <TD class=VertMenuTitle height=26 valign=center width=80%><font class=VertMenuBoxNewsTitle>{$menu_title}</font></TD> {/if} </TR>

It's because the font class is also VertMenuTitle. If you take that class attribute out, the problem should go away.

<ADDED>
I just tried that solution and changed the class to VertMenuNewsBox but since it is linked, the link styles take precedence, so my category title looks like the rest of my links.

Soooo, one way to do this would be to duplicate the VertMenuTitle style in your stylesheet and call it VertMenuTitle2 or something, except don't give it a background image, and then change the code to read like this:

Code:
<TR> {if $link_href} <TD class=VertMenuTitle height=26 valign=center width=80%><font class=VertMenuTitle2>{$menu_title}</font></TD> {else} <TD class=VertMenuTitle height=26 valign=center width=80%><font class=VertMenuBoxNewsTitle>{$menu_title}</font></TD> {/if} </TR>

</added>

Experiment with that, I'm sure that's the problem. It happens to me too, but I don't link the menu headings, so I don't go through that particular branch EXCEPT for in 'help.tpl' which for some reason doesn't include that IF statement.

Go figure.

Anyways, hope that helps and I hope I haven't confused the issue.

No hamsters were harmed during the making of this sig. Several were seriously offended.
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design