Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

eBay Integration Module

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design

Old 08-21-2015, 10:34 AM

Advanced Member

Default eBay Integration Module

I assumed the eBay integration module was free when I initially purchased X-Cart, but now that my store is set up and I've installed the module I discovered there's a hefty month fee for using it.

It looks like the module simply communicates between my server and eBay, so what is the justification for paying a monthly fee to X-Cart? Is there some kind of back-end processing or data storage that X-Cart is providing?

It would be really convenient not to have to copy-and-paste my products to list them on eBay, but $150/month for the convenience seems ridiculous to me unless there is some extra service that X-Cart is providing that I'm not aware of. With all of the fees eBay/PayPal charges, it's already tough enough to turn a profit on eBay as it is.
Old 08-24-2015, 02:09 AM

X-Wizard

Default Re: eBay Integration Module

I don't think the eBay module has ever been free TBH.
MySQL 5.6.37
CentOS 7.4

Chamber Internet
- Lancashire, United Kingdom
http://www.chamberelancs.co.uk
Old 08-24-2015, 09:21 AM

Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamberinternet
I don't think the eBay module has ever been free TBH.
It's free to download and it looks like they do give you a limited free trial (I installed it and it seems to work fine). However, I don't see why there's a high monthly fee. The monthly fee they are asking is almost more than I pay eBay in monthly store fees.
Old 08-25-2015, 04:07 AM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wing Fat
It's free to download and it looks like they do give you a limited free trial (I installed it and it seems to work fine). However, I don't see why there's a high monthly fee. The monthly fee they are asking is almost more than I pay eBay in monthly store fees.
I'm sorry, but the module page on the marketplace clearly states that the service subscription has to be paid in order to use it. There is also a $19.95/mo plan available.
* http://www.x-cart.com/extensions/addons/ebay-integration.html
There is also a list of key features and the video overview on that page. Please check it to make sure you haven't overlooked anything.
Old 08-25-2015, 09:38 AM

Advanced Member

I know there is a monthly subscription. However, I don't understand why. Most of your modules are a one-time purchase, why does this module require a monthly fee?

It looks like the module simply communicates between my server and eBay, so what is the justification for paying a monthly fee to X-Cart? Is there some kind of back-end processing or data storage that X-Cart is providing?

I have watched the video and read the description and it does not answer the question of why this module requires a monthly fee instead of a one-time purchase.

The $19.95 plan wouldn't begin to cover the number of products I have.
Old 08-25-2015, 10:42 AM

X-Cart team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wing Fat
I know there is a monthly subscription. However, I don't understand why. Most of your modules are a one-time purchase, why does this module require a monthly fee?

I have watched the video and read the description and it does not answer the question of why this module requires a monthly fee instead of a one-time purchase.

The $19.95 plan wouldn't begin to cover the number of products I have.
EBay constantly changes its API, and we have to keep the module up-to-date in order not to let our customers down. By having this module subscription based we ensure our customers that we have necessary resources to adapt to any changes made by EBay as soon as possible.
On top of that, the module is free, which means that you won't have to pay for unlocking upgrades after one year passes since the purchase date, which is the case of our one-time purchase modules.
Old 08-25-2015, 11:29 AM

Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by razortw
EBay constantly changes its API, and we have to keep the module up-to-date in order not to let our customers down. By having this module subscription based we ensure our customers that we have necessary resources to adapt to any changes made by EBay as soon as possible.
If this is the reason, then why you do charge more based on the number of products the end user has?
Quote:
Originally Posted by razortw
On top of that, the module is free, which means that you won't have to pay for unlocking upgrades after one year passes since the purchase date, which is the case of our one-time purchase modules.
This makes no sense. You're asking me to pay you every month regardless of whether or not you release upgrades. Why is that better than only paying once when you actually upgrade the software? Is there a version history for this module somewhere so I can see how often you have actually upgraded it in the past?

With the number of products I have in my store you are asking me to pay almost $2,000 per year, every year, just to use one module. I'm sorry, but I don't consider that "free."
Old 08-25-2015, 03:17 PM

Advanced Member

Also, I am also curious to know why your X-Cart 4 eBay Integration module includes 1,000 products for $19.95/month but your X-Cart 5 module only includes 100.
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design