Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Here is my site!

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design

Old 10-31-2002, 11:16 AM

Advanced Member

Default Here is my site!

Ok guys, Im almost done...I just need to import all my products in and touch up on a few things. Here it is http://www.glamour-hut.com/ghshopping/customer/home.php

I would really if someone could help me out with the following:

1) For the life of me I cannot figure out how to change the "Glamour-Hut: Tops: etc..." link at the top of each box (I believe it is called the dialog box) to a pink color..

2) AND, I cannot find out where to change the checkout color. If you make a sample purchase, you will notice that the Names of the Products and prices on the checkout summary page are an evil orange color...How do I change that to a color "550000"? I looked at the all the cart tpls and I still cant figure out how to do so...

3) I would really appreciate any suggestions you might have about imporving my site...also, to those XCART addicts, I would also appreciate if you could do some probabing and let me know if I have any security holes.

Thanks a bunch, I hope you like what you see!
Old 10-31-2002, 02:00 PM

eXpert

just burned my roasted pumpkin seeds

Quote:
For the life of me I cannot figure out how to change the "Glamour-Hut: Tops: etc..." link at the top of each box (I believe it is called the dialog box) to a pink color..

in skin1.css look for and change color here...think this is the right one
Code:
.TableCenterProductTitleBlue

Quote:
If you make a sample purchase, you will notice that the Names of the Products and prices on the checkout summary page are an evil orange color...How do I change that to a color "550000"? I looked at the all the cart tpls and I still cant figure out how to do so...

Unable to get to the summary page as I get Internal Server Error.
Figure out what color # evil orange is and hunt for it in your skin1.css

Other:Jewellry should be spelled Jewelry
Once a user is logged in the background of the Authbox.tpl is Black and their login info cannot be seen very well-probably another color change in skin1.css

There is a missing image on the very bottom of your pages
Did you put in some sort of javascript to make the scrollbars do that funky thing?

Your graphics are very vibrant and will be appealing to the market this site would attract. Good Luck!
Old 11-01-2002, 01:32 PM

Default Great site japanchick

Hi there,
Really like your vibrant designs - not all that keen on the stars following the cursor - nice and pretty but does kind of get in the way of the text over the links.

a couple of suggestions - you could link from the pics on the front page to those items in the shop - not difficut to do - just find the item in your site and then look at the address in your status bar and then use it as your link.

The products on line info can not be seen - this is an xcart fault - you can move it if you look at the construction of the head.tpl

Your detailed images are TOO LARGE in data size they need compressing - Ruby Blossom Top #16154 has 2 detailed images of 122K and 155K or a total of 277kB - this will take ages to download over a 56k modem - I strongly urge you to reduce the size of your images by 50% and then compess them using a compression factor of 30 - I have checked one of your images using this approach and can reduce the image from 122k to 26k which is an acceptable data size.

Hope this is of help - I wish I had your graphics artistic skills

ps would appreciate your feedback re my new site:
http://www.amsprintsolutions.co.uk/xcart/customer/home.php

Chris
Old 11-01-2002, 05:29 PM

Advanced Member

Default Thanks!

To Jeanne - thanks for the tips- I have fixed the problems now...it was my secure server (wasnt set up properly) and it took me a while to figure out how to use the authbox.tpl!

To Chris,

Thanks for your suggestions..

1) The stars Im not sure either - I just thought it was cool...right now, your the 2nd person to comment about it interfering....2 out of 4 people had some concerns about it so Im in a dilly of a pickle

2) I will see if I can move the products online....but I can see it though...are you in 1280 x 768 ?

3) The images is where Im having problems. I want the detailed images to be big, yet load fast...how "big" would you say is suffice? And thanks for pointing out the 56k modem thing...not to sound like a snobby fool, I thought that everyone would be on cable or DSL by now

4) I use Macromedia Fireworks to create my designs...its a really handy software....What are you looking for? I'd be more than happen to design a logo for you (free of course ) 'cause I LOVE creating images!

Cheers,

japanchick

P.S. About Chris' site...

I like the color of your site - blue and white is really royal!

But it seems to me thats its not very "unified"
Forexample, you might try to put images for the menu titles (like I did) and make them 148x29 to fit the menu titles exactly...

Also, perhaps the fonts could be a bit more consitent in size and shape, or maybe use a more unique font? check out www.fontalicious.com for great fonts!

Im not sure if the red color really goes with your site...it kinda sticks out like a sore thumb if you know what I mean...if you want some great color schemes, go search on yahoo for "color wheel" and you should find loads of shareware software that will help you develop a unified color scheme..

lastly, what is the purpose of the images on the top - are they places that purchase your services?
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design