Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Problems with Netscape/Mozilla

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design

Old 10-14-2003, 12:39 PM

Default Problems with Netscape/Mozilla

Firstly, sorry if this is the wrong area for this query but it seemed like the best choice.

I'm having a problem with the checkout process in Netscape and Mozilla. In IE, everything works fine. In NS/Moz, when the customer fills out their details (step one in the checkout process), they are redirected back to the same form rather than the payment options form. The validation works fine and errors are generated if mandatory fields are lift back so I think it is something to do with the redirect. From what I can gather step one is held within anonymous_checkout.tpl and steps two and three within checkout.tpl. It does add the customers details to the database, but for some reason it just keeps looping.

I don't really want to play around with it too much out of fear of it breaking in IE as well. Losing a few netscape customers is bad. Losing IE customers would be a nightmare.

If anyone has any clues about this it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Dave.
Old 10-14-2003, 12:56 PM

X-Adept

What version? Did you make customizations? I use Mozilla (Seamonkey) and Firebird and I've never had a problem with my checkout on any of the versions...
Old 10-14-2003, 01:55 PM

Looks like its version 3.3.1?

I have just had the code handed over to me from someone else. They have made customizations to it in several places. It seems to me like cart.php is the file I need to go over with a fine-toothed comb. Any idea what part of the code checks to see whether to display anonymous_checkout.tpl or checkout.tpl?

As you can probably tell I'm pretty new to this x-cart thing. I've just spent the last couple of days trying to get my head around it
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design