Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Modifying {$order.details} variable on product sale

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design

Old 02-24-2003, 09:30 AM

Default Modifying {$order.details} variable on product sale

Hi all,

I tried this in another forum possibly the wrong one so I will re-post here... Here goes. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!!

Currently it looks like in the administrative email that gets sent to notify us of orders that the CC information (we use manual processing) is displayed in a variable called {$order.detail}. This has the CC type, CC #, and CC expiration date all in one variable. In order to help integrate this email with our management system, we need to seperate this out into three seperate variables. How can this be done? It would need to look something like this in the email that gets sent to the administrator:

CC Type: {$order.details.cctype}
CC Number: {$order.details.ccnumber}
CC Expiration: {$order.details.ccexpiration}

The reason for this is that we automatically capture emails that come into our billing email address and import customer information into a template that generates a confirmation email, adds the customer to our database, and then processes the credit card for us (instead of using a 3rd party gateway). Any ideas?

Thanks!
Old 02-24-2003, 04:50 PM

X-Guru

Code:
$order_details = "Card type: $card_type\nCard number: $card_number\nExp. date: $card_expire";

This is from payment_cc.php, you MIGHT be able to reference these variables inside the mail template, if not some more mod work needs to be done.

Let me know.
Old 02-25-2003, 05:24 AM

If you mean reference them inside the mail template as in {$card.type}, etc., then no that does not work. I even tried modifying the payment_cc.php file to say something like this:

$order_details1 = "$card_type"; (with and without the quotes) and that did not work either. For now, I've just taken out the words and had it output everything on one line, hoping the order processing people are smart enough to realize which part is the type, #, and exp. date when they see it.

But that's not a very elegant solution. I can't see it being terribly difficult to change (or add to) this logic but I am just missing where to do it.
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design