Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Category Template Editing (buy 2 get 1 free)

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design

Old 12-11-2004, 03:14 PM

Default Category Template Editing (buy 2 get 1 free)

Right a few months ago some designers created a "buy 2 items receive a 3rd free" now this works lovely. but obviously they didnt give us any clue as to how they done it. later ill show a link of what my category modify looks like. anyway now i want to add special offers such as "buy any 3 vhs titles and receive a free magazine for only бё20"
here is the code that was used to implement the other special offer of buy 2 items get a third free.
Code:
{if $root=="Y"} <TR> <TD height=10 class=FormButton nowrap>Buy 2 items and get a third one free</TD> <td width=10 height=10><font class=CustomerMessage></font></td> <TD height=10> <INPUT type=checkbox name=free value="Y" {if $current_category.free eq "Y"}checked{/if}> (for all subcategories too) </TD> </TR> {/if}

So now does anyone make any sense of that, it was copied from the admin/main/category_modify.tpl file.

Heres a picture of how the category modify page. http://www.doubled.co.uk/category_modify.JPG

ANYONE GIVE ME SOME HELP I NEED THIS SORTED ASAP I HAVE CHRISTMAS SPECIALS AVAILABLE AND NO WAY OF CODING THEM INTO MY CART SYSTEM.
Old 12-13-2004, 08:24 AM

X-Guru

I would get ahold of the original authors of the modification as they will be only ones who would have a quick understanding of how it works, I mean they are the ones who coded it after all.

hth.
Old 12-13-2004, 09:18 AM

Default Have done already :)

Thanks Boomer for the advice, i spoke to them today, and while they make the mods im gonna be watching real closely to every template they change, hopefully ill find what they change, and be able to do it myself in the future, and even post it here. :P
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design