Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

ionCube and OPC from AlteredCart

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4

Old 01-22-2010, 06:14 AM

Advanced Member

Default ionCube and OPC from AlteredCart

We installed AlteredCart's OPC on a test server a while ago and with Bill's help and a test server license we had the test site working in minutes. Now, after several weeks with no issues, I tried to access the site this morning and I get this error. Site error: the file D:\Domains\mydomain.com\wwwroot\modules\Checkout_O ne\checkout_one_sessions.php requires the ionCube PHP Loader ioncube_loader_win_5.2.dll to be installed by the site administrator.

This is a test server so it is not too much of an impact, but without any knowledge of ionCube, and a host that is not a x-cart or php expert, I am struggling to figure out how to solve the error. The site was working great and we made no changes to any php.ini or ionCube settings leading up to this error. It is a little concerning that this error renders the entire site, both public and admin, inaccessible. If this was my live site I would be in a panic.

Can anyone offer a suggestion on how to remedy this error. I contacted the host and they do not believe they did anything on their end that would have caused the site to go offline. I checked the ionCube help site and it offers advice that is over my head.

Thanks in advance
x-cart pro 4.1.11, x-AOM, CDSEO, css layout - no tables (almost), free social bookmarking mod (xcartmod.co.uk - thanks), altered cart On Sale, One Page Checkout and Smart Search (all amazing products), Custom Code from CFL (the best), Hands-On Hosting for live site
Old 01-22-2010, 08:28 AM

Advanced Member

Default Re: ionCube and OPC from AlteredCart

I had some what of the same problem. My problem was with CDSEO Pro not wanting to load and giving me basically the same error you are receiving. Jon worked with me and found a php.ini was not present in one of the directories.

Then only thing I can suggest is double check all the places you need to have the php.ini and make sure it is present. Wish I could tell you where they are but my knowledge is limited.
Old 01-22-2010, 08:39 AM

Advanced Member

Default Re: ionCube and OPC from AlteredCart

Our host was able to restore the ionCube functionality and the dev site is back up and running. I could not explain what they did, but it required re-loading the ionCube install script in the php.ini file (?) and restarting the web server. IMO, ionCube needlessly adds more complexity and options for site failure...but what do I know.
x-cart pro 4.1.11, x-AOM, CDSEO, css layout - no tables (almost), free social bookmarking mod (xcartmod.co.uk - thanks), altered cart On Sale, One Page Checkout and Smart Search (all amazing products), Custom Code from CFL (the best), Hands-On Hosting for live site
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Third Party Add-Ons for X-Cart 4