Follow us on Twitter X-Cart on Facebook Wiki
Shopping cart software Solutions for online shops and malls

Flash in X-cart

X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design

Old 04-08-2008, 01:48 PM

Default Re: Flash in X-cart

Here is what I figured out and how I got it to work. I do not know exactly why it works or if this is the correct way to go about things. As a said before, I do not know html, php or Smarty.

A. I downloaded the /store/skin1/customer/main/welcome.tpl file from my host server to my personal computer.

B. I opened it in Dreamweaver CS3 in a new site where the links where defined relative to this "http://yourwebsitename.com/x-cartShopFolderNameOnYourHostServer/" site root. Then I used Dreamweaver to Insert > Flash. I inserted the Flash (.swf) right below this line "{$lng.txt_welcome}" in the html code.

C. This is what Dreamweaver inserted in the code area:

<script type="text/javascript">
AC_FL_RunContent( 'codebase','http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,28,0','width','250','heigh t','250','src','/x-cartShopFolderNameOnYourHostServer/FolderNameHoldingYourFlashFileOnYourHostServer/YourFlashFileName','quality','high','pluginspage', 'http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash','movi e','/x-cartShopFolderNameOnYourHostServer/FolderNameHoldingYourFlashFileOnYourHostServer/YourFlashFileName' ); //end AC code
</script><noscript><object classid="clsid27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,28,0" width="250" height="250">
<param name="movie" value="/x-cartShopFolderNameOnYourHostServer/FolderNameHoldingYourFlashFileOnYourHostServer/YourFlashFileName.swf" />
<param name="quality" value="high" />
<embed src="/x-cartShopFolderNameOnYourHostServer/FolderNameHoldingYourFlashFileOnYourHostServer/YourFlashFileName.swf" quality="high" pluginspage="http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="250" height="250"></embed>
</object></noscript>

Please Note: That the smiley face is actually ":" and "D" (with no spaces)

Please Note:
Also, at the top of the code Dreamweaver inserted this: <script src="Scripts/AC_RunActiveContent.js" type="text/javascript"&gt;</script>

Please Note:
x-cartShopFolderNameOnYourHostServer
=is the name of the folder on your server where your x-cart shop is installed.

FolderNameHoldingYourFlashFileOnYourHostServer
=is the name of the folder holding your flash file (it should be located just one level down inside the x-cart shop install, ie. on the same level as the images folder.

D. I save the welcome.tpl file in Dreamweaver.

E. Now, on the hosting co server I backup the original welcome.tpl to a different location and replace it with the newly uploaded Dreamweaver altered welcome.tpl file, here:/x-cartShopFolderNameOnYourHostServer/skin1/customer/main/welcome.tpl

F. Then I create 2 folders on the host server:
/x-cartShopFolderNameOnYourHostServer/Scripts/ and
/x-cartShopFolderNameOnYourHostServer/FolderNameHoldingYourFlashFileOnYourHostServer/

G. In the newly created Scripts folder I upload the AC_RunActiveContent.js file created by Dreamweaver when I inserted my flash .swf into the welcome.tpl file.
Note: In Dreamweaver when you insert a flash file into an html doc, Dreamweaver will create a folder in the Site called Scripts with the above .js file in it.

H. And in the newly created flash folder I upload my .swf file and the "notes" folder created by Dreamweaver.

Note: In Dreamweaver a "notes" folder is added to your folder holding your flash files whenever you insert flash into an html doc. I don't know the significance of the files in the notes folder but they are named after your flash files (ie. YourFlashFileName.swf.mno)

This seemed to work fine and my flash animation plays on the homepage even though the forum thread said that the flash file references should be "{$ImagesDir}/flashfilename" (in which case I have no idea to what or to which folder {$ImagesDir} refers to.

However, the Flash animation only seems to play on Firefox browsers, I am still having problems with IE. I hope this helps someone.

Can someone explain how to replace Product Images with Flash .swf files and or how to add flash .swf files to the product descriptions details area?
Old 05-15-2008, 11:12 AM

My insert of Flash was fairly easy, I created a test page in Dreamweaver for the table layout (one of 5 images was flash), then inserted the flash via DW, I put in the "<script src="Scripts/AC_RunActiveContent.js" type="text/javascript"&gt;</script>" just before the flash code & after the <TD> tag of the cell my flash was in, uploaded the Scripts directory, and everything worked perfectly.

Did you try adding in the flash code in the static link field of adding the image? Might have to copy the code out of DW then paste into X-Cart.
Buy Here: www.jonathanproduct.com/store
Old 05-16-2008, 08:35 AM

Learned how to add flash to product description. Now just working on getting it to show up in Internet Explorer. It works fine in Firefox.
Old 08-12-2008, 12:41 PM

eXpert

<param name="movie" value="{$ImagesDir}/Movie1.swf" />

This is telling it to look in the folder:
skin1/images/
Is that where you placed the flash file?
(PS if your file is large, you are loading unnecessary files to the other directories - make sure you delete the others when you figure out where you DO need the file placed)
Pearl 5.6.0
PHP 5.2.1
Python 2.2.2
Server: Apache/2.0.52 (Red Hat)
www.cleanlinesurf.com
1. Customer Rewards Points
2. One Page Checkout (altercart)
3. Free shipping orders over $50 as Real Time Shipping
4. Gift Certificates
-----------------------------------------------
Graphic Design | Boomobile Design, LLC
www.boomobile.com
Old 08-31-2008, 05:53 AM

Advanced Member

Thanks for the tips on adding flash, this thread worked for me to, simply used dreamweaver to get it right, and wala, all was making it work. So wanted to thank those who started this thread.
PHP 4.3.10
MySql 4.0.22-standard
Web server Apache 1.3.33 (Unix)
Operating system Linux
Perl 5.8.3
http://www.seamstobesew.com
Old 08-31-2008, 01:47 PM

X-Man

I made a flash navigation movie for my store.

http://www.arwvisions.com/pages.php?pageid=7

I used swfObject to embed it.

There is a cool flash tutorial about how to embed flash. pretty cool stuff.
http://www.gotoandlearn.com/

The tutorial for the carousel is also there, but its a bit more complicated.
   X-Cart forums > X-Cart 4 > Dev Questions > Changing design