View Single Post
Old 01-13-2016, 09:54 AM

Advanced Member

Default Re: default/en/category_description.tpl

Quote:
Originally Posted by seyfin
Besides, you need to create a custom module that would change the logic of the getDescription() method of the class "classes/XLite/View/Category.php, as mentioned earlier.

I have created a custom module.

I have successfully overridden .tpl files with my own versions (such as the footer in the Clothing template) that posess an @ListChild directive in their content.

This template file does not posess an @ListChild directive, and following the instructions I have already used to do so in the past, does not work for this instance. Your documentation should clarify that "in the case where this, you need to move on to the next segment _here_, to achieve that goal", as well as being updated to no longer reference the use of Webmaster Kit module.

However using webmaster mode to override a template file with no @ListChild does not make it part of your own module, which was, I thought, the whole point of the exercise -- to keep things organized, prevent updates from overwriting, and keep your changes from being scattered all over the place.