View Single Post
Old 06-29-2015, 10:41 AM

X-Guru

Default Re: Remove Branding - XCart 5.x

One of my biggest complaints is the branding in the admin, along with the selling of various services. I want to promote X-Cart to my clients, as do we all. But it is so hard to do so when we find ourselves competing with XC in some ways.

For instance, I introduced a local merchant to X-Cart, and built him a site. Then I quoted him on a custom skin. I did not hear back from him so I reached out to see what happened. He had looked at the Look and Feel section of the site, where there is this text:
"Need custom design? We can modify this template or create a completely unique design for you Free Quote"

He of course followed that button link, and got a much lower quote from X-Cart than what I was going to charge. Thankfully he became very dissatisfied with his experience, and has since come back to me for modifications. But it is still disheartening to lose business due to my own promotion and recommendation of XC.

This is a real problem. We have to find a way around this. I would pay a premium for a white label version of XC.
Mike White - Now Accepting new clients and projects! Work with the best, get a US based development team for just $125 an hour. Call 1-502-773-6454, email mike at babymonkeystudios.com, or skype b8bym0nkey

XcartGuru
X-cart Tutorials | X-cart 5 Tutorials

Check out the responsive template for X-cart.