View Single Post
Old 02-16-2016, 03:17 AM

X-Wizard

Default Re: What did the latest update do to my site?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by qualiteam
Although you can choose to skip an update for a particular module when upgrading your store, I would not recommend you to do it. The older version of the module may rely on code that have been changed in the newer X-Cart 5 version. So, this may cause unpredictable problems in the future. However, there is a chance that the older version still works with the newer core. At least you may try it on a test copy of your website

Being from Manchester UK, that's a superb written example (for us) of "Definitely Maybe"

But for the "subsequent board of enquiry hearing...." Yes, Qualiteam are correct to advise caution. Having taken it back to 5.2.10 from 5.2.12 (see previous posts) we upgraded our Dev store to 5.2.13 but in connection with the CMS related modules, we did it in 3 steps....

We ran the 5.2.13 upgrade, but initially, de-selected just the Simple CMS Module & the TinyMCE integration Modules and left those as they were. The results proved that Core changes DO impact on those out of date modules i.e. Extended & Simple CMS and TinyMCE Integration...

We then upgraded just the TinyMCE Integration Module. NO difference from the line above

We finally upgraded the Simple CMS Module and deleted the (now a dead duck) Extended CMS Module. The result, is that we are right back where we were after just the 5.2.12 upgrade i.e. Everything works 100 % perfectly, with no upgrade or operational issues at all, but the current site menu's, asthetic visual effects are reminiscent of a heavy night out/bottle of vodka combo

So, it's ticketed and as always now (thankfully) it will get solved and corrected by the X-Cart Team, prior to us doing our own Live Store update. So all's well that ends we'll and these details may help those currently at the 5.2.10 / 5.2.13 crossroads....