View Single Post
Old 02-21-2015, 03:11 PM

X-Guru

Default Re: Bestsellers module

Well, I took a look and it seems you do have a custom skin. Which is a good thing! But it means that things are not likely to just "work", they will need to be integrated into your custom skin. I see so many things that I would suggest changing on your site, I don't know where to start.

I think the biggest issue is the lack of https/SSL. The second is the category navigation, less clicks are desirable, seems like you have to click twice just to see products. Third, the site is not responsive at all.

I know all of those issues are off topic. But they are glaring problems.

Looking at how your skin seems to be structured, it is not standard in any way. I see images pulling from skin/comet/images/ui/logo_rs.png, which is pretty odd. It seems that whoever worked on the site was not an X-Cart professional, and they just adapted it to their needs rather than sticking with best practices. Not saying that they aren't skilled, just not real familiar with X-Cart.

Typically upgrades of X-Cart involve three things, the PHP files, the database, and the skin templates. In your case, the PHP and database might be upgraded, but the skin templates are definitely not. Since you are in the "custom" zone, it is going to take some troubleshooting on the site to figure out why the module doesn't display.
Mike White - Now Accepting new clients and projects! Work with the best, get a US based development team for just $125 an hour. Call 1-502-773-6454, email mike at babymonkeystudios.com, or skype b8bym0nkey

XcartGuru
X-cart Tutorials | X-cart 5 Tutorials

Check out the responsive template for X-cart.