View Single Post
Old 03-25-2010, 06:01 AM

Advanced Member

Default Re: X-Payments 1.0 beta testing

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorg
The important thing to note is that X-Payments is intended only for the minor part of merchants who want to go through the complete process of PCI-DSS certification. X-Payments, thanks to the PA-DSS compliance, will make it easier for the merchants.

The major part of online stores currently operating could be configured to actually become out of the scope of PCI-DSS certification (in this case a store should not store, process or transfer cardholder data). Guidelines on configuring X-Cart in this manner can be found at http://help.qtmsoft.com/index.php?title=X-Cart:User_manual_contents (see "Configuring X-Cart to meet PCI DSS").

I'm concerned and frankly stunned that the CTO of Qualiteam feels that most merchants are OK with having customers leave the site to make their payment, and that making the Xpayments available for anything less than 4.3 will be an afterthought.

For the last 6-9 months, I've been watching threads about this magical payment module, XCart V5, then 4.2, 4.3, etc. There seems to be VERY little actual information available about X-Payments and how it would work with each payment gateway. I've even tried to get this information directly through Qualiteam's support desk with nothing but vague answers.

I'm watching threads about people having trouble with Paypal and a number of other issues with 4.3 which is why I'm sure MANY people including me, are avoiding an upgrade. I was hoping finally a nice one-page checkout would have been in the works too but apparently not.

This post was very revealing and at the same time disheartening. I'm not sure about the other customers out there but I'm desperately in need of some better information, fast!