View Single Post
Old 11-29-2005, 04:02 PM

Advanced Member

TelaFirma,

I bought this mod from you and love it so far. Like lkbryant suggested above, I think it would be a good idea to have a max height setting also. Right now, all you can set is the max width for each picture. That way, I wouldn't have to go through all my images and make sure there is white space on the sides in order for there to be some uniformity among my site. It would be great if I could set the max height and width for each picture (e.g., thumbnail, detailed image thumbnail, detailed image, etc.). The hack I did on my product_t.tpl went something like this:

Code:
{if $products[product].image_x gt $products[product].image_y}{include file="product_thumbnail.tpl" productid=$products[product].productid image_x=$config.Appearance.thumbnail_width product=$products[product].product tmbn_url=$products[product].tmbn_url}{else}{include file="product_thumbnail.tpl" productid=$products[product].productid image_y=$config.Appearance.thumbnail_width product=$products[product].product tmbn_url=$products[product].tmbn_url}{/if}

I know it's a complete hack but it works. If my picture is taller than it is wide then the image is reduced based on height. If the picutre is wider than it is tall, then the picutre is reduced based on width. This way, my picture fits in a box that will never be bigger than my thumbnail_width setting in the admin section. It would be great if you could impliment this into your mod somehow.

I should mention that this mod does not stretch pictures beyond their original size. In other words, if the picture you uplaod as your thumbnail is 150 x 200 and you set this mod to resize images to a width of 300, it will not stretch the image. The image will stay in its original size. This is a good thing and prevents pixilation. I just thought I would point that out if anyone was concerned.

Thanks for the great mod!

T.J.
XAOM
DSEFU Pro
XGift Reg
Firetank Feed Manager
BCSE Shipping Calculator
XcartMod Dynamic Images