View Single Post
Old 12-03-2011, 05:49 AM

X-Adept

Default advanced product filtering

I need to setup a site which will be selling monitors and the owner wants his customers to be able to narrow down their search, based on monitor attributes, like eg Native_Resolution, Brightness, Max_Contrast and other monitor attributes.
The customer would want the following ways of filtering the products:
a) searching by manufacturer (make) and model. When manufacturer is selected on a drop-down select box, the corresponding models are displayed in the model drop-down select box.
b) browse via brands (done already by default x-cart functionality)
c) and have a product selection Wizard where the customers will be selecting various product features/attributes and narrow down their selection to specific products or product, with dependent drop-downs (ie by selecting one attribute, the drop-down below updates it's values according to the selected value above, etc).

I think one very nice example that indicates the logic that I would like is here , on the left-side, specifically the "Filter Monitors" search, which is really neat.

I was thinking of 3 alternatives: X-Feature Comparison, BCS Advanced Filter for x-cart and Clever Filters from CARTonSTEROIDS.com. Could I achieve a similar effect with one of these mods?
Appreciate any tips.