View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 06:12 AM

X-Guru

Default Card type & last 4 passed to x-cart?

Is it possible for transactions in x-payments to pass the last 4 digits and card type to xpc?

We used to be able to do this because the card # was inside xcart even if not stored. Now that the card number never sees xcart, can x-payments send a truncated card # and payment type to xpc?

I think this is quite an oversight by x-payments if not...

Sending last 4 digits + card type is NOT a violation of any PCI rules - so why isn't this standard out-of -the-box?

Customers want this.

1. Did I pay for this with my work or personal card?
2. Did I pay for this with my bonus points card?
etc...

Merchant wants this to simplify customer service inquiries.

Alex -- what is the reasoning from your perspective why this is not standard? We all know that once a card number is truncated, it's no longer "stored" and outside scope of PCI. EVERY modern credit card terminal prints card type and last 4 digits. Why did x-cart/x-payments omit this? I really want to know.

$order.payment_method is BUTT UGLY - useless to the customer and quite frankly, information the customer doesn't need to have. The customer has zero need to know my payment gateway. BUT - they want to know which credit card they used. This was very easy to grab in older x-carts, but since 4.5 and x-payments, appears to be impossible without knowing the code.

Thanks for sharing any possible solutions.

Jeremy