View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 06:40 PM

X-Guru

Default Re: Issues with X-P 1.0.6 after upgrading X-C 4.5.4 to 4.5.5

Here's my #1 issue w/ XP 1.0.6 and XPC 4.5.5 that must be solved before ANY further testing can occur:

The Configuration:

LIVE STORE:

www.domain.com xcart 4.5.4
x-payments 1.0.5 @ checkout.domain.com (installed in /payment)
x-payments is enabled/live. works fine. using default template.

DEV STORE
www.domain.com/dev/455 xcart 4.5.5
x-payments 1.0.6 @ checkout.domain.com (installed in /checkout)
x-payments is enabled/live, and provisioned using default template, from xp 1.0.6 to the /dev/455 dev store.

dev store (and live store) is configured with xpayments "default" template. Checkout is AlteredCart checkoutOne on both stores. When using payment type "credit card", the continue/proceed button loads the x-payments default template page. Now the good part...

Enter credit card/expiry and cvv, then checkout.

1. Processing div appears across the top of the page (UGLY - we'll talk about that later)... looks like the transaction will be successful.
2. Return to the store declares "order failed" -- but it did not! Credit card was successfully charged... Admin is sent a Payment processing failure from IP that I have no idea where it's from??? It's not my payment gateway IP. It's not any of my IP addresses. It's a NetDNA edge server?

HOLD ON A SEC -- the return to the store was not to the originating dev store: domain.com/dev/455 -- it was to the live store domain.com !!!! ??? And it writes the failed order to the WRONG STORE's database as a failed order? WTF?

That's the problem.

Alex, you don't need my server to test this. Can I assume that X-Cart actually tested the upgrade process for a 4.5.4 customer with XP 1.0.5 upgrading to xcart 4.5.5 in a dev environment with a new XP 1.0.6? Actually, considering the madness with the upgrade scripts, I think maybe there wasn't any testing of real world upgrading and upgrade procedures?

Where can I verify the "callback" URL for XPayments and the corresponding XPC? Not the acllback IP address -- that's a security option. No, rather - how does Xpayments know which store is the store it's connected to? The XPC provisioning, right?

Something is broken in there.
Alex, did you guys test an upgraded store in a dev environment?
Surely I'm not the first to work this way?