View Single Post
Old 05-01-2005, 06:27 PM

X-Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by markwhoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon
Hey Mark, the issues aside from the points mod have been resolved, as I believe we've spoken about already.

Carrie has a fix for the points mod so you'll have to contact her for an updated file. PM me if you have any questions or concerns.

Just an update on this for those that may be interested. (If you use Points Mods from Carrie at BCSE AND Jons exRecommends)

Carrie was able to change the redirect for the points mod when using the ezRecommends mod by Jon.

Now when points are used as payment method and end user runs short and cannot cover entire cart amount, the cart will redirect to payment method, but you WILL NOT get error message stating you need additional funds to complete purchase.

This will leave you either needing to have explicit instructions for end user to stop possible confusion, or simply remove the ability to pay with points and have end user request a Gift Certificate instead and admin deduct points for that due to Jon having a fix for the redirect to enable user to pay with Gift Certificate etc.

So, use Gift Cert not Points for purchase or no using ezRecommends as there is issue with payment error/notifications when using both.

Carrie has stated she hopes to add ability to post errors in future releases or version update that will be compatible with the ezRecommends Mod. No date specified...

My thanks go out to Jon for providing fix for the redirect when using Gift Certificate as payment method!

There is no problem using Jon's mods with my Points mods if a slight modification is done to the install of the ezCheckout mod. My points mod shows in RED the points discount to be clear to the customer after paying with points. With Jon's ezCheckout mod, his mod hides this by default.

To show this follow these steps:
-In step 8 instead of using the instructed code at the bottom of this step:
Code:
{if $config.Shipping.realtime_shipping eq "Y"} {capture name=checkout_dialog} <FORM action="cart.php" method="POST" name="cartform"> <INPUT type="hidden" name="cart_operation" value="cart_operation"> {include file="customer/main/cart_contents.tpl"} <HR noshade size="1"> {include file="customer/main/cart_totals.tpl"} {if $js_enabled} {include file="buttons/update.tpl" href="javascript: document.cartform.submit()" js_to_href="Y"} {else} {include file="submit_wo_js.tpl" value=$lng.lbl_update}{/if} </FORM> {/capture} {include file="dialog.tpl" title=$lng.lbl_shipping content=$smarty.capture.checkout_dialog extra="width=100%"} {/if}

Use this code (take out the {if} {/if}):
Code:
{capture name=checkout_dialog} <FORM action="cart.php" method="POST" name="cartform"> <INPUT type="hidden" name="cart_operation" value="cart_operation"> {include file="customer/main/cart_contents.tpl"} <HR noshade size="1"> {include file="customer/main/cart_totals.tpl"} {if $js_enabled} {include file="buttons/update.tpl" href="javascript: document.cartform.submit()" js_to_href="Y"} {else} {include file="submit_wo_js.tpl" value=$lng.lbl_update}{/if} </FORM> {/capture} {include file="dialog.tpl" title=$lng.lbl_shipping content=$smarty.capture.checkout_dialog extra="width=100%"}

I hope this clears things up. I also have added to my code to allow for the ezRecommends module. So if you have the ezRecommends and my Points mod, contact me and I will send you an updated points_payment.php file (any orders after 3/6/05 have this code already in there for them).

I hope this clears things up for you guys! Any questions contact me!

Carrie

We support X-cart versions 3.x through 5.x!

Home of the famous Authorize.net DPM & CIM Modules, Reward Points Module, Point of Sale module, Speed Booster modules and more!

Over 200 X-cart Mods available & Thousands of Customizations Since 2002 - bcsengineering.com

Please E-Mail us for questions/support!