View Single Post
Old 07-24-2018, 06:29 AM

X-Wizard

Default Re: Gdpr - upcoming law for European merchants

Quote:
Originally Posted by cflsystems
After so many years of life experience I still can't wrap my mind around something like this. You order coffee, it comes in a cup, you know it is hot.
It is in the nature of any living organism to protect itself. People have brains and can think (or can they?). Put 2 and 2 together and think about the hot coffee in the cup. Do you really need a warning written on the cup to tell you that the content is hot and may burn you? A 5-year old that have never seen a hot stove before may and probably will want to touch it. But a grown person acting like a child?
Exactly! But unfortunately... You happen to be in a country now, where liability / responsibility and "who is to blame?" have all taken on a new set of meanings...which have then propagated worldwide. Where there's blame, there's a claim! Such is life!
Quote:
I agree with ITVV - it is your responsibility to provide proper info or whatever is needed. The software platform can help by giving you the tools or some generic element/page but at the end it is the merchant that is responsible
Yes, but refer to the above again, because that's the 'hidden' factor. This means that if you think it's all clear cut... think again
Quote:
...And unfortunately not knowing the law is not an excuse for not following/obeying it... People are so used to rely on something/someone else to do everything for them.
Sadly, there's plenty of "successful legal cases" where this common sense logic has not been applied after elongated court hearings