View Single Post
Old 09-12-2006, 09:59 AM

X-Wizard

Default Re: 4.0.x performance improvement

Two I'm working on. One turns out its another rewrite in 4.1 but looks like it affects 4.0 at least back to 4.0.12. Has to do with $lng variables in templates. God that whole mess is ugly and boy did they do it bad in 4.0. 4.1 is even uglier but I think they fixed the performance end of it. I was going to try to retrofit it from 4.1 but its too nasty so I have a simplified version in the works. Iits horrible the price we pay for multilingual capabilities on a single language site. The second will speed up the product page if you use variants. The more variants the more improvement. Seems X-Cart asks for the tax rate for each variant - but the tax rate is only dependent on the product. So it goes through a ton of work for every variant when it only needs to do it once. They tried to cache some of that work but they screwed it up and it only works for logged in users. And they didn't cache the results at a higher level routine so it doesn't have that much affect. This one will apply to both 4.0 and 4.1. Stay tuned. I'll post these later this week or next week.

UGG Boots and other fine sheepskin products
http://www.snowriver.com