View Single Post
Old 03-10-2005, 04:43 AM

X-Adept

In your case, I would probably not have only a "My Login" scenario, but also the equivalent on the home/main page. That way a user could log in there and have what you desire without the added step to log in.

I wanted to have an option to create more account content in a unique place outside of the home.tpl, as it is already littered with too many menu boxes. Once users use a remote login area (Speed Bar perhaps?), they can easily know where and how to log in.

Prior to loggin in or registering, they can shop and explore and register during first time checkout. I neever understood a "Register" at a store option prior to shopping. That's like leaving your wallet (or details) at the checkout stand before hitting the aisles. Unless there is added value, I never thought it necessary to encourage registration without shopping or joining a community.

There are other ways to create a login page as mentioned by some of the posts in this thread, but creating a unique tpl file allows to integrate unique content for customers and make other things accessible when logged in.

I know that doesn't answer your question. Yes, you can do what you desire, but it is redundant and not very useful to a customer. They might as well have stayed at the home page to begin with ...

- Mike