View Single Post
Old 03-08-2003, 11:14 AM

eXpert

Default Enabling Smarty on non x-cart pages of site

In asking the question in this thread: http://forum.x-cart.com/viewtopic.php?p=10049
it occurs to me that maybe what I need to do is to enable smarty on all of the non x-cart pages of my site so that I can include smart templates.

Can anybody point me to a resource on how to do this? I have several site pages that I want to have *outisde* of x-cart, but I still want somebody viewing those pages to see their menu_cart.tpl so they know what is in their cart.

I just need all of my pages to show the menu_cart.tpl news.tpl auth.tpl etc, *even* if they're not in the /xcart/ directory.

I *really* don't want to use a page redirect to take somebody straight into /store/customer/home.php when they come to www.mydomain.com/
BUT if that is the only way to make it work, then I will.

If that is my only solution, is there a way to make the page stay as mydomain.com/index.php instead of redirecting? I'm using this code:

<?php
Header("Location: /store/customer/home.php"); exit();
?>

Which changes the URL to /store/customer/home.php -- I'd like for the public (and *especially* the SE spiders) to think that they are seeing mydomain.com/index.php

Thanks,
Cameron