View Single Post
Old 06-18-2007, 07:14 PM

Advanced Member

Default Re: Easy dynamic thumbnail generation

okay...

finally. i'm somewhat there.

i've gotten a rollover to work. but, i need a bit more. i'll get to that in a sec.

i'm not stupid, really, but i've been up for a day trying to beat a deadline, so forgive me if i sound slow right now but these are some questions i have...

do we just install the images like normal, but just calling the same one for multiple image usages? i was tired and floundering around, so, upload one image, call it multiple times. does it have to end up in the normal image dir? with the T D C P and all that stuff?

also, the code that was posted to move the images up to the top section, into product, instead of product_images does not appear to work for 4.1.7. the code where you remove this...

Code:
{capture name=dialog}

and

Code:
{/capture} {include file="dialog.tpl" content=$smarty.capture.dialog extra='width="100%"'}

and the other chunk from another file.

i end up with the background removed from the lower images, and no rollovers at all for the top set in the new placment in product, and the old ones in product_images. see attached.

and i guess for now, here's my major problem...

it'll be easier to just see what's there now to understand what i need. i need the rollover to show the color variants, but those are not really the detail shots.

we only take one close-up, detailed shot that is cropped in on the artwork. since the large, and the fullsize images are not the same size, i'd like to have the rollovers for the 2 color variants, but if you click on either of the images, you get the standard pop up showing the close up view of th art. we don't want to have the large close up in the page with the rest of the images.

take a look here and you'll see what i mean.. http://www.gama-go.com click on men's tees and look at the variants and how they work.

anyone have something like that figured out? or have any ideas?

thanks,
j
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen.gif
Views:	228
Size:	8.5 KB
ID:	437