View Single Post
Old 04-06-2020, 03:23 AM

Veteran

Default Re: Looking for template personalization/design service

I think the remark "what is reasonable to you" still applies. So you did the smart thing to shop around. You got 3 estimates. One of them matches what YOU think is reasonable cost. You received what the devs consider it to be reasonable cost for your project based on what you gave them, what they can see and estimate as amount of work, difficulty level, etc. Whether this matches your expectation or not is different question.

You also have to consider this is work charged per hour and different devs have different hourly rate. If dev A is charging $50/hr and dev B is charging $100/hr even if they estimate same amount of hours to do the work dev B is still going to be twice as expensive. And dev C may be the one with the most experience, most knowledge and ability to get the work done as requested - it comes at a price.

The question you should ask yourself is - are you looking to get something done now and then do it again within a year or 2 (for whatever reason) or are you looking to have something than will be used for the next 5 years. Do you want it done right the first time or are you willing to risk lower cost vs quality. I am not saying the more expensive the better quality or the cheapest work is crap...

In other words this investment is it going to stay for a long period of time or is is more of a temporary thing for the time being.

It is in your hands to evaluate the devs you contacted for an estimate and find out if the higher cost they gave you is actually justified and worth doing. I hope you make the right decision.

P.S. Based on your request and the info in the thread here I am not sure which support ticket is this in my helpdesk but I have no problem being dev A, B or C. If you want to reveal it I have no objections. Whatever cost I gave you is justified and reasonable from my point of view.