View Single Post
Old 04-28-2010, 11:45 PM

X-Cart team

Default Re: X-Cart v4.4. screenshots

Another hot topic for this announcement:

Quote:
I heard there is a 4.4 version coming out. Am I able to upgrade for free, or do I need to buy a new license?

You do not need to buy a new license in order to get a new X-Cart version for your existing X-Cart stores. X-Cart is not licensed per versions. It is licensed per copies used for production of sales, i.e.: one X-Cart license is applicable only for one X-Cart store. One store means one and the same database (products, users, orders, etc.) and single merchant account to collect payments. If you need several stores, each with its own separate databases and merchant account, it will require the corresponding number of licenses.

Once we roll-out a new X-Cart version you will be able to download it in your HelpDesk account at https://secure.qtmsoft.com as well as download standard upgrade packs that we will provide for free. Please notice that service of applying those upgrade packs or doing upgrade is not provided by us for free. I am not sure how much it can cost as quote estimation is required in each particular case.
X-Payments product manager